Rock76

794 Machine Needles

I know this is a long shot, but does anybody have any examples (or any advice on where I can find examples) of stitches made with a 794 spear point needle? I'm curious to see how they look when compared to the 794 triangle points.

Thanks!

-Adam

Needles

Needles (PDF)

See the above link.

The pictures for the S and P point are inversed, but that should be a good representation.

- Dan Naegle

Thanks, Dan! That is exactly what I was looking for. Much appreciated!

-Adam

Great info!!! Now I know what type of needle I need to get. I'm checking to see if we can pin this.

Nice!

THIS NEEDS TO BE PINNED, IF ANYTHING DOES!

You_Rock_Emoticon.gif

Kevin

Adam,

Here's something that I have been sharing with some other people that have Adler 205's for the past 3-4 years. It was compiled from various sources such as Groz Beckert, Schmetz, Organ and many of the vendors who sell needles like Dan. I tried compiling all of the various vendors and what needles they provide in the 794 class.

All pictures are copyright of their respective companies and trademark names mentioned are owned by their respective companies as well. This is a compiled work with individual comments.

Adler 794 System Information Compiled Rev C.pdf

Regards,

Ben

Adam,

Here's something that I have been sharing with some other people that have Adler 205's for the past 3-4 years. It was compiled from various sources such as Groz Beckert, Schmetz, Organ and many of the vendors who sell needles like Dan. I tried compiling all of the various vendors and what needles they provide in the 794 class.

All pictures are copyright of their respective companies and trademark names mentioned are owned by their respective companies as well. This is a compiled work with individual comments.

Adler 794 System Information Compiled Rev C.pdf

Regards,

Ben

Ben,

Thanks so much for sharing that! VERY thorough compilation.

-Adam.

Adam,

Glad that you liked it. After several years I guess I could update it but I haven't got around to it. Hopefully others will get some benefit out of it. Dan always has good information on his site as well.

Regards,

Ben

Rock76,

Sir, thank you. Thank you very much. I truly appreciate your generosity in sharing this valuable information with the Leatherworker community. As the recent owner of a Juki 441 clone, I have been researching needles to experiment with. You have saved me many hours of "googling" and note taking. Thank you again. You "Rock" indeed.

Yours,

Muzzleblast

Muzzleblast,

I sure appreciate the gratitude, but thanks should go to CampbellRandall and gtwister09, who were able to provide the great info, as well as TwinOaks for getting it pinned. But for what it's worth, I'm glad my question was useful to some folks. :)

-Adam

Thanks help make sence of the different sew patterns made by the needle. Pin this for sure. Gary

Wow a lot of information here! Overwhelmed now. Still don't understand the 7 x 3 verses the 7 x 4 that's on my needle package. Brain doesn't work for this:( I need to get a size 22 for the c4. So much work went into this compilation it's amazing and thorough! Wow!

THESE PEOPLE list 794 needles down to size 19.

We stock them down to size #18

Edited by CowboyBob

What needle type is recommended for a Nylon to Leather sewing application where a piece of nylon webbing is sandwiched in between 2 pieces of leather on a Cowboy CB3200?

Edited by RoosterShooter

If you want the stitch to look nice,I would use a leather point.

Anyone got a source for 794 needles, size 24 and 25, with an LL point? Bob, Steve, Campbell-Randall, and even ebay all checked with no use.

Hello JLS

I found some on eBay. Seller was Cutex.

They will sell 10 or 100.

With 100, you can choose different sizes in bundles of 10.

They were $86. Shipped. Organ 794 nw LL point.

I haven't tried them yet, but they appear to be fine.

They were $86. Shipped. Organ 794 nw LL point.

I haven't tried them yet, but they appear to be fine.

Appreciate the refer, but I've ordered those, and the needle listed is NOT the one you will receive in size 23 (though the 24 was correct). I wrote and asked why I got some in LL and some in LR point. Reply states they do NOT have the #23 in LL point. Offered to do a return on the LR they sent, but do NOT have the LL at all.

Just so you know before you order :)

794 vs 794 Serv 1 Finally figured out. I searched every where for the differences in these two needle specs. Thanks to Campbell-Randall the question is solved (I hope). The needles are basically the same shank diameter & OAL(length). The Serv 1 has a shorter shank length allowing for a longer thread grove (Tippmann Boss sews up to 3/4" thickness). The difference is about 5 mm. Top of shank to thread hole is 60 mm. I can't imagine 3/4" of leather thickness. I find the standard 794 to work fine in my Boss & the 794 is easier to find with more point options. I hope the picture helps. Herb

post-39102-0-45933300-1455400692_thumb.j

Edited by herbworff