This is what we woke up to a couple of mornings ago – another 6 inches of the white stuff, and we haven't lost much of the original stuff yet. It also has been in the -20s Celsius (about -10 to 0 F) for the past couple days. So, knowing that spring comes from the south (in the northern hemisphere at least) – is there any hope it will actually arrive this year? What is the weather like where you are?

March_16_2009_am.JPG

PS. UKRay - the truck is a 1996 Ford F150. Nothing special so I didn't put it in the truck thread, but since it made it into the picture anyway...

post-5669-1237359349_thumb.jpg

Denise,

It's 54F here right now. Supposed to hit 80F this afternoon. We've had some temps in the teens recently, which is tough on us in this part of the country. A lot of our Spring Break folks found it colder here a week or so back than the places in Michigan, Minnesota, Wisconsin, etc., that they came down from.

They're splattered all over the beach this week, though. And, "splattered" can be taken literally! :cheers:

Denise,

It might be on it's way north, FINALLY! We had -25F one morning last week with windchills close to -40. This week it has been 30 to 40 above and they say it will be in the low 50's this weekend. Water is running everywhere here. It's gonna take a while for all this snow to turn to mud. It's been a lot of years since we've had this kind of snow, so seeing the dams full and running over and having mud is a real treat for us. Hopefully it'll get to you real soon!

Spring is just beginning to happen here in the UK. The pic is a corner of our garden this morning. It has been known to snow here in late April, and I remember in 1976 it snowed on 3rd June, so I won't get too complacent about it just yet! Nice to feel a bit of warmth from the sun.

SDC10112.JPG

post-7199-1237378478_thumb.jpg

What a pretty garden. GREEN!! with a stream through it. And I like your orange and white garden ornament in the middle too. Gives me hope...

Denise,

I'm sorry to have to report from the Southwest, that Spring is definitely NOT on it's way north! We're still waiting for winter to get here! 87 degrees here today. 90 degrees tomorrow.

Right at the moment, it's 70 degrees here in Texas at 12:50 pm. Should get up to 80 and back down to 50 at night. Really nice. My daughter came home and sat out on the deck to study.

I only have to look out of my kitchen window to know spring has arrived here in Shropshire. The garden is ablaze with dafodils, snowdrops and all manner of little flowers I know not what... Absolutely glorious shades of white and yellow everywhere.

Thanks for the pointer to the truck, Denise, I might just have missed that one under all that snow! LOL

We've been in the upper 70s here in the deep south. To be fair about it though, we usually only have 3 seasons.

It started out this morning at -25C (-15 F), but the wind blew and by this afternoon it got to + 10!!! (50 F). Not a lot of melting as the sun wasn't out, but, there may be hope yet.

And to all who have the 70 - 80 F weather now, enjoy. That will be our summer - when you're all inside with the air conditioning going full blast!

Denise- you forgot to mention how your summer only lasts for approx. three weeks, then it snows in August. I am coming to see you one of these days, though. If I can't hire a dog sled team, maybe I can get a helicopter drop? I want to sit in your kitchen sooooo bad! You can put me to work shoveling up after the animals, as long as I don't have to know any technical terms for any horse parts. I will bring your horses some Ohio apples, if they are allowed to have them, and they won't be mad at me for not knowing the name of that very long back muscle. I will tell them how Johnny Appleseed gave up and died before he ever got to Alberta, and the guy with the orange tree seeds went bankrupt or froze to death or both. They have a statue of him downtown, from what I hear, but it has never unthawed enough to be seen by the public.

Johanna

(I love teasing Denise and she knows it. She'd tease me back, but then she'd have to tie the tin cans and string to the horse to get an Internet signal...)

Denise, have you EVER considered moving house... maybe... somewhere warmer... maybe...

It started out this morning at -25C (-15 F), but the wind blew and by this afternoon it got to + 10!!! (50 F). Not a lot of melting as the sun wasn't out, but, there may be hope yet.

And to all who have the 70 - 80 F weather now, enjoy. That will be our summer - when you're all inside with the air conditioning going full blast!

Hey, it is 11C here (over 50 F) today!! Too bad if I saw a few snow flakes coming down earlier in the day... And Ray, we are moving, hopefully within the month. And it will be warmer where we are going. For the last few months I have been looking out my kitchen window into what will be my kitchen window. It is almost finished now and since it will have a fancy wood stove in it, I'll be toasty!! (To forstall any further teasing, the wood stove is NOT to cook with. We do have electricity and natural gas up here!)

Johanna, I can't recall snow in June, July or August in all the years we've lived here, and I'm not sure about May and September. The rest - yeah, we have has at least had a quick look at the white stuff then. But hey, you can grow apples and plums and cherries and peaches up here (select kinds, of course) and even grapes! And I know people who have had lemon trees, though thosse were inside, of course... But despite your teasing, you are welcome up here anything. I'll be watching for you next time a helicopter goes over.

I'm kind of wondering about our Swedish contingent. They are even north of where we live, though they are closer to the ocean. What's the weather like there these days? Tom? Knut?