Sign in to follow this  
BEARDOG

What Hardware For Pull The Dot Snap For Iwb Straps?

OK I just bought my first batch of Pull the dot snaps for IWB loops, and now need to order a box of screws that have heads that will fit down in the stud part and will it allow the snap to function properly.

It seems that I am going to have to use a 6-32 T nut and use 6-32 undercut flat head screws. Is this correct?

What hardware are you guys using with the Pull The DOT snaps? Thanks!

Thanks Chief, I just wanted to confirm that others were using #6 for them. I have been using all 8-32 hardware with a little "machining" to the heads, but the PTD snap stud is much shallower then the standard snap stud and I want to get away from fooling around making the hardware fit. I would have preferred staying with the #8 size for strength, But will just order new #6 hardware for the new PTD snaps. I am going with a undercut head so I have as much clearance as possible

McMaster Carr sells the #8 in stainless with an undercut head, works perfectly for me on my PTD. 8/32x3/8" p/n 91099A260 Phillips flat undercut machine screw. They also carry t nuts but I got those from Steel marine fastener I believe.