Sign in to follow this  
Fredo

Another New Guy Here, So Cal

Hi everyone, I'm Fredo out of San Diego CA.

I found this site by Google and decided to join up. I'm here to learn and grow, I accept critique well and sometimes will ask for even more. I'm typing this during my lunch break so my typing might be worse then ever as I am hurrying a bit.

I recently found a pretty large collection of leather tools at a yard sale so i grabed them up. Mostly because I can not walk away from any type of tool at yard sales.

I've been building my own bikes for a while and always wanted a nice tooled leather seat. Unfotunately A quality seat costs every penny it's worth.

So I joined a class at the local Tandy and jumped in with both feet.

I concider myself at the entry level with needing to learn almost every aspect of leather tooling. I am not afraid to try and fail but I found that failing in this art form can be quite costly. I've built a small sturdy table, good lighting, tools easy to reach and well orginized. Now all I need is practice and definately a kick in the butt once in a while.

I have completed a seat, I a cpl of pics below for your viewing horror.

Anyway that's my lame intro, I'm looking forward to reading and learning from this site.

Here's a cpl of shots of my first seat tooling try. Your critique and coments are welcome and appreciated.

foamshape2.jpg

oneside.jpg

seat1.jpg

seatmockup.jpg

Welcome to the forum and to leatherworking Fredo.

Not a bad start from the looks of it, keep it coming.

Chris