talon

Sig 1911 Gun Mold, I'm About To Buy 6, Anyone Interseted?

I'm having a heck of a time finding gun molds for the Sig 1911's, I'm about to put in a custom order at Duncans, but that requires that I buy 6 freakin molds. I'll sell them for my cost just to offset the expense. Please let me know if you are interested.

Thanks,

Clay

I am in.

Edited by triage1998

Model and will it be cocked and locked?

Good point camano ridge! Definitely C&L if they'll do it. I have a Springfield EMP dummy from them (bought it second hand) and it's not locked. I"ve yet to make anything with it as I haven't modified it yet.

Talon, are you buying ONLY six, or is that simply the minimum? Would you be able to get more in the same order if there's enough interest?

Paul

If you were getting them from any other source I'd be interested. I broke the thumb safety on a Rings 1911 govt model and ordered an in stock version from Duncan's. I paid the extra $5 for a sight rail. What I got was...

EA272372-106A-483A-B1E1-577CD8947462-35975-0000160929236B4D_zps09072ac4.jpg

- sight rail taller at ejection port / inconsistent height

- right side dustcover completely square

- trigger guard very thick

- can you spot the very first thing I noticed when I looked at it?!

20839231-ED09-4144-9346-1EB352ACECC8-35975-00001609337FE443_zps546155e3.jpg

- thumb safety looked like an afterthought, although was very beefy

85873D1A-4E48-4D33-872A-C976642E32F7-35975-000016093FD80295_zps39d42689.jpg

- Absolutely unacceptable. Sight rail was crooked and just plain sloppy.

- slide flats were not the same dimensions on both sides. Look at the base of the sight snd how uneven the sides of the slide are.

To be fair, Luke was understanding and provided me a full refund ( except the cost to ship this thing back to him). He did tell me they keep their molds within 1/64" tolerances. You be the judge on that.

I've since modified my blue guns to take steel safeties. Your mileage may vary.

No ejection port. At all.

No ejection port. At all.

Ding ding ding!!! We have a winner!

I haven't heard anymore about Blueguns molding this gun I know they were in talks with Sig about it but haven't heard anything else I will check again and see if there is any new information.

Me too. need to know what model, size.

I'm in for a 5" version with the rail.

I ended up buying a real full size Sig 1911 w/o the rail for current orders ;)

Sixer,

I bought one WITH the rail <g>

tk

I'm very close to getting my hands on a few more of these. I might have 2 extras available. I can see if I can get more. It's been a long time coming but in fact we were supposed to get together last weekend. It's been delayed a couple of weeks due to personal schedules, but we are close. I can see if he can make some more. They are not as durable as an aluminum mold, and maybe not quite as much as a Rings, but if you don't beat themexcessively with a mallet, they will hold up fine.

siggsr_zps071012a2.jpg

I'm very close to getting my hands on a few more of these. I might have 2 extras available. I can see if I can get more. It's been a long time coming but in fact we were supposed to get together last weekend. It's been delayed a couple of weeks due to personal schedules, but we are close. I can see if he can make some more. They are not as durable as an aluminum mold, and maybe not quite as much as a Rings, but if you don't beat themexcessively with a mallet, they will hold up fine.

siggsr_zps071012a2.jpg

I would love to have 2 of the ones pictured. Let me know if you get enough and I'll take 2 of them.

I'd also be down.

siggsr_zps071012a2.jpg

I would be in for a couple of these

In for at least one. ;)