It's been a while since I've posted anything, so I figured I'd throw this out there. Things have been crazy lately! Car repairs, vinegaroon (spelling??) disaster that made me have to remake this particular holster set, glock holster that didn't stiffen up... Anyway, I was honored to be asked to build this holster for a guy that's getting married this weekend - it's an open carry wedding. He wanted black with dark brown, and tooling. I antiqued the tooling after having applied two heavy coats of Satin Sheen, but the dark brown antique REALLY darkened the leather - more than I was expecting. I wasn't about to remake this order for a third time...

943752460_bjaVb-L.jpg

943751994_Wvtoh-L.jpg

It's been a while since I've posted anything, so I figured I'd throw this out there. Things have been crazy lately! Car repairs, vinegaroon (spelling??) disaster that made me have to remake this particular holster set, glock holster that didn't stiffen up... Anyway, I was honored to be asked to build this holster for a guy that's getting married this weekend - it's an open carry wedding. He wanted black with dark brown, and tooling. I antiqued the tooling after having applied two heavy coats of Satin Sheen, but the dark brown antique REALLY darkened the leather - more than I was expecting. I wasn't about to remake this order for a third time...

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Particle: You do great work. Mike

943752460_bjaVb-L.jpg

943751994_Wvtoh-L.jpg

Beautiful work! I especially like the mag pouch!

Dude those are beautiful. Nice Work. I imagine you stay pretty busy turning out work like that.

WOW.... Speachless.. thanks for sharing.

Thanks for the compliments everyone. :grouphug5vj5:

Very nice!!! :)

Would you be so kind as to share how you managed to form fit wet leather without messing up the tooling?

Thanks

Joel

Beautious work as always!!

Open carry wedding??? Just when I thought I'd heard it all.......:rolleyes:

Very nice!!! :)

Would you be so kind as to share how you managed to form fit wet leather without messing up the tooling?

Thanks

Joel

Thanks! Some of the tooling got a little shallow after folding it - particularly the seed portion of the flower (I used a single stamp, instead of the seeder stamp this time...). But regarding the process, I dyed the leather after the tooling was completely finished and dry. Then it was glued and stitched onto the holster body. With a damp sponge, I wiped down the tooled piece of leather to dampen it a bit, and then dampened the interior at the fold line a little more deeply, then folded it and glued & stitched it closed. At this point I completely wet the holster (dunk for 5-10 seconds), then move on to forming. I've started using a vacuum press and was pretty concerned that the vacuum would compress the tooling, but it didn't... I pushed on it a bit to contour the tooled area around the slide, but that was all the effort I put into that area on this particular holster. The rest of the retention is in the trigger guard area and around the slide.

Very classy looking rig!

Particle I think you should make another holster since the brown came out so dark. I'll gladly take the this one off of your hands so you never have to look at it again. spoton.gif

The holster and mag pouch look great.