Sign in to follow this  
mtdew

molded holster finishes?

Which finish is best to keep molded holsters "stiff"? I have used neat-lac in the past and it worked well, but I was wondering what you guys prefer. Thanks.

In looking at the other topics pages I found out neat lac has been discontinued. What is the next best thing? Anything better? Thanks.

I'm putting in my order tomorrow with Weaver and haven't tried this product yet, but I'm wondering if Tuff Cote might work well, though I won't be using it on holsters.

ed

Try Fiebings Bag Kote. Excellent and durable surface coating, penetrates well, dries to a very nice eggshell luster. Can be swabbed, brushed, or sprayed on. Can be diluted up to about 20% with water, making spraying easier. Dries in about 10 minutes, fully cured out in a few hours. Cost is about $20 per quart, and a quart will do hundreds of holsters and other small jobs.

By the way, always store Bag Kote at room temperature and apply it at room temperature. If the product is cold it will streak badly with no known cure.

I'm using resolene now with awesome results paired with 7-8oz.

DSCF4355.jpg

DSCF4353.jpg