I have made holsters since 1972. I have always used two finishes, plain oiled tan and black. I admit that my personal preference has always been the classic oiled tan finish.

Now that I have taken my business onto the internet and I have shipped holsters to just about every state in the US plus 4 countries, I have started getting regular requests for various colors. Being a nice old guy who likes to give Mr. Customer just what he wants (and not wanting to see any profit dribble away) I am trying to oblige.

Many of you folks who post here regularly are genuinely artists, and I have admired the work you have shared with us. Just getting started using dyes, I appreciate the work you have shown us more than ever.

Black was always easy; keep putting it on until the product was black. I'm learning that the colors require a lot more work and attention! I'm sure that I will work out a few colors that will be popular with customers, but for now each new job will be an added challenge.

Attached are a few photos of items shipped this morning. One is a suede-lined OWB paddle/snap with matching double mag pouch for Smith & Wesson Model 39, and one is an unlined pancake for S&W Chief Special. The customer wanted a dark cordovan brown, trying to match an old custom belt he liked and wanted to keep using. Everything passed my "drop test", of course (little ego thing of mine). Customer was very happy with the color.

And it only took me a couple of EXTRA HOURS of work to get it right! Maybe old dogs can learn new tricks.

----

Lobo Gun Leather, serious equipment for serious business

P1010013.JPG

P1010015.JPG

P1010003.JPG

P1010007.JPG

P1010016.JPG

P1010010.JPG

post-7487-1231670335_thumb.jpg

post-7487-1231670345_thumb.jpg

post-7487-1231670357_thumb.jpg

post-7487-1231670365_thumb.jpg

post-7487-1231670375_thumb.jpg

post-7487-1231670383_thumb.jpg

Edited by Lobo

Those are VERY nice holsters Lobo! That extra little bit of time really paid off! Keep up the great work!