Customer wanted and IWB/OWB convertible for a Browning High Power and he wanted it in gator. I used horse for both front and back, gator is on front only. This is what I came up with.

post-15001-0-95093300-1406858141_thumb.j

post-15001-0-06585300-1406858186_thumb.j

Edited by camano ridge

Nice as always

Really nice, always love that color

One layer in back and two layers up front? Curious. I ain't never used gator.

Is that going to some Italian Mafiosos?

Very slick rig.

Thank, you all for the comments, much appriciated.

Red this was gator belly or for the most part throat not back it was about 3oz. The gator by itself is not stiff enough for a holster, so it was glued to flesh side of about 6oz horse butt. The back was closer to 7oz horse and was plenty stiff. It holds it's form just fine for reholstering when used IWB.

Excellent work. Love that gator. How do you like working horse hide? I'm thinking of switching to horse butt for knife sheaths.

Ihave used horse butt for sheaths, pocket holsters etc. It sometimes cuts a little harder then veg cow and tkes longer to get wet when molding. The only thing that i can sy about horse on the negative is that it can be very in consistent in thickness. A lot of the butts I have bought al thought they may say for examole 5 -6 oz may very and be more like 4 - 8oz. I have bought butt from several places and have found the same thing from all. It also dye differently then cow. by that I mean if you dye a piece of cow and a piece of horse at hte same time with the same applicator etc. you will see a considerable difference. You can get some nice grain in horse that when dyed adds to the overall appearance.

Eh, . . . Camano, . . . thassa gooda worka you do, Bambino, . . . mebbe you comuh uppa to Shytown, . . . we getta you somma work, . . . mebbe somma inna de Bronx too.

Da boss, . . . he lika whata you do.

May God bless,

Dwight