Sign in to follow this  
Wyvern

Singer 29K58

I was at the Dixie Draft Horse Sale in Troutman NC today and let a Singer 29K58 get away from me. I had set a limit for myself of $250. The machine was wone for $255. It seemed to be in fairly good shape. The previous owner said it worked well. I am kinda sick!

sorry about........after all it was a Patching Machine to sew thin leather.

then again it might be what you wanted.

then again i have one for $250.00 now then there is shipping cost added to it.

Edited by Luke Hatley

Wyvern, this is only my personal opinion but, PATCH MACHINES ARE A PAIN IN THE BUUUUUTTTTTT! I've had two of them and, after the first one I swore I would never get another one, but I did. It left a long time ago and will never be replaced: this time I mean it! They are great for their intended purpose: sewing patches on shoes. If you are going to use them for anything else they are more trouble than they are worth. Besides, everyone and their brother will see the patcher and say "oh, I've got something I need a little sewing on. Can you just stitch up this little place on my shoes for me?" For whatever reason, no one wants little things stitched up on any of the other three machines I have. Just the patcher. Do yourself a favor: count your blessings that you did not get the machine at auction.

Edited by HarryB

Thank you folks. I was thinking the machine could more than that. I'm glad I didn't get it now. I would like one to sew 6 to 7oz leather. Glad I didn't spend my money1

It isn't the greatest machine to sew beautiful stitches on presentation leather. But if you want to sew a patch over the top of a pocket without sewing the pocket shut, there just isn't anything better. It is one of the very, very, few machines that can sew a rectangle on a piece without rotating the piece being sewn. I have 4 of them including a parts machine. I hate their idiosyncracies but I love their capabilities.

:red_bandana::red_bandana::red_bandana: