in the picture shown, i want to dye the backround of the floral. any advice on how to transition into the basket weave. i tryed to fade the backround stamp but i want to dye it without it showing a hard line of where the dye stops and basket stamp begins. any help would be great thanks.

100_2989.JPG

post-5395-1219287839_thumb.jpg

Here is what I would do. There might be easier ways. I'd dye the background a medium to dark brown with a small brush. On the side by the basketweave, I'd dye it dark close to the floral, then start diluting the dye maybe 1/3, go a little farther away from the floral, then maybe 2/3 diluted and go out a little farther. Start with a full brush of dye close to the floral and the brush runs out of dye, work farther away towards the basket weave. Less dye in the brush should give you a somewhat lighter color. Practice on scrap first until you figure out how your dye is going to act. Some dyes will spread towards a cut line and then stop. Some will go places you dont want them to. Some dye will also get lighter or maybe even darker as it dries too, so trying it on scrap first will save you some frustration. Hopefully you'll get some more ideas from a few other people.

That is pretty close to what I had in mind, too. Are you planning to treat it with a stain or antique? If so that may also do some of the work for you.

Kate