I have been contemplating this for a while and finally got it done. This was a first for me to use the Copic markers for colouring the flowers and leaves. It was a learning experience as they behave a lot differently on leather than on smooth cardstock. I used the brown hilite to pull the colours together.

post-26880-0-16873700-1353962302_thumb.j

post-26880-0-91562300-1353962322_thumb.j

post-26880-0-97408000-1353962348_thumb.j

post-26880-0-84576300-1353962371_thumb.j

I love it. That is beautiful work. It looks perfect on the plain bag. Very nice, very nice.

I would have never thought to use Copics.I might give this a try for some of my smaller projects.Looks great!

Nice job i like that

I love it. That is beautiful work. It looks perfect on the plain bag. Very nice, very nice.

Bluesman, David, Samalan,

Thanks so much .

Genyfer, the hardest thing I found was that I didn't have the same blending capabilities with the leather as with the smooth cardstocks. I ended up using a lot more of the lighter colours than I would have normally.

rosiart, very nicely done, it looks real good. Another thing you can use is Sharpies and Pentel also makes some very good colored markers.

rosiart, very nicely done, it looks real good. Another thing you can use is Sharpies and Pentel also makes some very good colored markers.

Thanks Beaverslayer. I will have to try the others some time . For a previous hobby I acquired a lot of Copics so I'm just glad to have another use for them.

Looks good. The only critique is the stem work looks a little uneven. The color helps hide it and no one but a fellow carver would notice it, but I thought I'd point it out. I really love the combination of the veg and chrome tanned leathers, and your background really ties in well with the rest of the purse.

How about some pics of the inside?

Well, there isn't much to see as I lined it. This fabric is probably a mistake as it is a cotton, but I liked the print and can always replace it when it wears out.

post-26880-0-36911600-1354032114_thumb.j