DG Leather

I am about to buy sewing machine....but overwhelmed ...do i just give up and buy anyone...lol

so I have 2 option sin my area to buy sewing maching an old nakijima (or something like that) and a brand new sunstar....

trying to figure out which one is best and as i can find in bc canada the best one on market is the sunstar except the parts are expensive.

I want to to belt linings, sew tooled leather onto motorcycle seats, stools integrate tooling in upholstry......and so on....I would one day like to make holsters at least a few......maybe with posibility to make a corset or 2 as well....for some fair maiden....

Now this being said i dont plan on using the machine alot.....maybe next to nuthin lol....we will see.....but i do like the sunstar cuz it is silent except for the needle movement.....where as the old japanese one is super loud like all others i have ever seen.....I would purchase a long arm as well one day in the future.....but i have never used a sewing machine, except one to sew leather to practice a stitch and it wa sfun fun.....I wanna get one and i need help i am pretty overwhelmed with knowing whether or not i am making a mistake.....I also affraid to order one fom USA cuz of shipping prices and famous border customs stealing things...I have had it in the past....also a mechanic to tune machines in my area would be nice...

I need input

Well first I would talk email the guys selling machines in the use and tell them what you want to do. Thay will try to help you with the right machine for you. Never hurts to look and see what is out there. Rember to get a little biger then you think never know what you might sew.

If you get a arm modle get a table to go on for the flat work you may have helps a lot on mine.

Next I would email Elton or Bob from up north and thay may be able to help you find one up there like you need or help you with shiping from the USA.

Just a little food for thought.

Russ

so I have 2 option sin my area to buy sewing maching an old nakijima (or something like that) and a brand new sunstar....

trying to figure out which one is best and as i can find in bc canada the best one on market is the sunstar except the parts are expensive.

I want to to belt linings, sew tooled leather onto motorcycle seats, stools integrate tooling in upholstry......and so on....I would one day like to make holsters at least a few......maybe with posibility to make a corset or 2 as well....for some fair maiden....

Now this being said i dont plan on using the machine alot.....maybe next to nuthin lol....we will see.....but i do like the sunstar cuz it is silent except for the needle movement.....where as the old japanese one is super loud like all others i have ever seen.....I would purchase a long arm as well one day in the future.....but i have never used a sewing machine, except one to sew leather to practice a stitch and it wa sfun fun.....I wanna get one and i need help i am pretty overwhelmed with knowing whether or not i am making a mistake.....I also affraid to order one fom USA cuz of shipping prices and famous border customs stealing things...I have had it in the past....also a mechanic to tune machines in my area would be nice...

I need input

i just picked up my cobra class 3 this last friday. i haven't stopped since i got it!!! i 'm surprised i have time to get on the computer. as far as advice, i highly recommend calling Steve at the leather machine company. i didn't know ANYTHING about sewing and less about sewing machines. Steve was very helpful in helping me with adjustments i needed to make for each job i was working on. the machine itself is very easy to use and work with. like i said, i haven't been able to stop using it, it's so easy. i completed two knife sheaths, two holster and three notebooks this weekend with it.

seriously, call Steve at the leather machine company. he will steer you in the right direction for what you need even if you don't get his machine. he's very helpful.

i just emailed steve to inquire about the proper one the one i like looks of functionability (which i have no experience) is the class4

the class 4 is pretty awsome. if i need to upgrade in the future i will go with the class 4.

I ordered a Class 4 from Steve on the 23rd of last month,sure hope it will do everything I need! Look on Leather Machine Co Inc.

Hello:

If you are in Canada you could try Leighton's or Raphael Sewing. They both sell machines for sewing leather, and their prices are OK too.

We offer leather sewing machines exclusively as well, but we are based in Ohio here in the USA.

Kindest Regards,

Ryan O. Neel

Neel's Saddlery and Harness

Cowboy Sewing Machines