hidepounder

Leather Rope Bag

I haven't posted a new project in long while so I thought I would show this one. Let me know what you think (I'm thick skinned).....

post-7682-0-78438200-1416262185_thumb.jppost-7682-0-21171200-1416262194_thumb.jp

Looks really good! Like the pattern and just the right amount of silver!

I don't think you need to be "thick skinned" for this one. This is gorgeous!!! Beautiful tooling and beautiful color and finish!!!

That is beautiful work.

That some mighty good work Kemosabe.

Istoyi!

Stunning work.

I am now ashamed to call myself a leather worker.

Outstanding work.

I donated a leather padfolio to the Arizona Cattlemans Conference this summer that I thought was pretty nice, but Mr. Bob Park also made one for the event that put mine to shame.

Dang that's nice! And I particularly like how you worked a bit o' Celtic in alongside floral. You don't often see them together.

Well done!

Bill

Thanks billybopp! That has sort of become a signature thing for me on rope bags. i like to incorporate celtic knots and floral tooling

post-7682-0-43860900-1416275442_thumb.jp

Ditto Bill - I love the celtic influence. Especially the little knots on the ends of the straps that turn into a little floral accent, and the fact that they're different on each side. Gorgeous.

Thanks for all the great comments, everybody! They're much appreciated!

I cannot find the words to accurately describe how beautiful I think this is! It's a cut above. Did you hand stitch everything? The binding looks like it would be a pain in the rear.

Beautiful as always!! Your layout & design pricipals are REALLY pleasing to the eye. I love the proportion of Positive tooling playing off the Neg background & open areas you design into your projects. All the tooling is so clean & sharp. As good as your pictures are,,, they just dont really show just how nice your stuff is in person!! Thanks for sharing,,, Ed

I haven't posted a new project in long while so I thought I would show this one. Let me know what you think (I'm thick skinned).....

So that's what happened to that old brindle dog that used to hang around here?

A little cowboy humor there that probably won't get past the namby-pamby moderators here! LOL !

post-13007-0-21280100-1416286442_thumb.j

I cannot find the words to accurately describe how beautiful I think this is! It's a cut above. Did you hand stitch everything? The binding looks like it would be a pain in the rear.

Thanks very much! The entire bag is machine stitched and you're right, the binding is a pain!

Beautiful as always!! Your layout & design pricipals are REALLY pleasing to the eye. I love the proportion of Positive tooling playing off the Neg background & open areas you design into your projects. All the tooling is so clean & sharp. As good as your pictures are,,, they just dont really show just how nice your stuff is in person!! Thanks for sharing,,, Ed

Thanks Ed! Just trying to keep up with you my friend!!

Like a few others here, Bob. Your work is at the same time both inspiring and intimidating

I don't know how to express AWE and ADMIRATION in English adequately,

so I have to Resort to Viennese colloquial German:

"Voosh! Bis ten doo deppert!"

As always your work is Great, hoping to get better by seeing what others do to put the envelope and try the things that seem to be above my skills.

Couldn't say anything that hasn't already been said but can ask-what's the hair?

oltoot, the hair-on gusset is chrome tanned cowhide. Down at he bottom of teh bag I use veg tanned leather. Otherwise the hair would wear off from sitting on the ground.

Bobby

Bob you are right, it's been too long since your last post. I was suffering from withdrawal from seeing some more of your work to study, so I took a trip to Oklahoma City a couple of weeks ago, hoping that along with getting to study the work of John W. and Cary S. I might see some of your work at the C.B. museum or even better yet, run into you at the Team Roping Finals at the fair grounds. There were some Arizona cowboys there, but I didn't see you. Anyway, this bag is as usual, much to take in, and study. Absolutely a joy to look at.

Bob

Bob, after all the praise so far I have but this to add.

We all owe you a debt of gratitude for setting and maintaining a standard in leatherwork that we can all aspire to. Not only that, but you generously share your methods.

hidepounder, you are a Prince amongst leatherworkers!

Michelle

Wow. Just wow...

I bet this will end up in a museum someday!

:)

Like a few others here, Bob. Your work is at the same time both inspiring and intimidating

I don't know how to express AWE and ADMIRATION in English adequately,

so I have to Resort to Viennese colloquial German:

"Voosh! Bis ten doo deppert!"

As always your work is Great, hoping to get better by seeing what others do to put the envelope and try the things that seem to be above my skills.

Couldn't say anything that hasn't already been said but can ask-what's the hair?

Bob, after all the praise so far I have but this to add.

We all owe you a debt of gratitude for setting and maintaining a standard in leatherwork that we can all aspire to. Not only that, but you generously share your methods.

hidepounder, you are a Prince amongst leatherworkers!

Michelle

Wow. Just wow...

I bet this will end up in a museum someday!

:)

Thanks to all of you for the humbling comments!!!! I absolutely love the art we do and comments like these inspire me to strive to improve my skills. Your words are very much appreciated!

Bobby