Sign in to follow this  
Chris B

what kind of tools are these?

Well I have been given a bag of what I know are leather tools. They have craftool on them this one is some snaps and rivets?? I think here a pic leathertools001.jpg And on the handle it says Craftool Co...and the number 48 And here is the other one. On the packaging it say craft tool snap all and on the plate it has different numbers on it 18BC, 14SG, 16SG, 20BC, 10SW, and 16SB. What does this thing do and what do the numbers mean? leathertools004.jpg could you all help me out?

Thanks,

Chris

P.S. how do i resize the pics to get them smaller?? :dunno:

Pic @1 from the left to right jiffy rivits pile 1,2,3 4 and 5 are segma snaps like you put on belts.

The round thing is an anvil for setting line 24 snaps so you don't flatten out the round heads. I am not sure what the round tool is without seeing the end but I would guess it has a rounded concave end if so it is a setter for the jiffy rivits

Pic @2 is a setter set for the segma snaps. Those positions on the square plate are for holding the segma snaps in place as you set them . The tools are for setting the snaps.

Randy

Thanks Randy. Are these snaps still used? And available?

Yes they are all available and used. I do not use the segma snaps as they tend to be a pain to set and get right. I stay with the line 20 or 24 snaps for belts etc.

Randy