i currently use Feibling's Dura Edge. Is there something else that is better to use on edges, something a little more durable?

I usually burnish my edges and then use a good dye instead of edge coat. I find it much more durable.

I usually burnish my edges and then use a good dye instead of edge coat. I find it much more durable.

:16:

Thanks for your responces. I do most work using exotics so usually have 2 pieces that are diiferent colors and use an edge coat to blend the 2 pieces, just a cleaner look IMPO.

On dark holsters I use Angelus Military Roll Call Edge Dressing. It leaves a really nice finish after I have prepared the edge properly. I have actually used this product for 14 or more years due to a previous occupation. I used it for my Blue Dress shoes for 'sole black'. It really leaves a neat and pure black look. So, I used Angelus Shoe Polishes and edge dressing before I ever got in to leatherwork. ;)

Edited by RoosterShooter

That is a great tip. I will have to try this. Thank you for sharing.