dieseldog

Maine Thread Company

Good Day Everyone, I received a sample card of waxed polyester cord from Maine Thread Company today. It looks as tho they carry 31 colors now and sizes from .020 to .050. The cord really looks good.

My questions are...has anyone tried or use this product? Do you like it? Do you think it will hold up under regular use?

I think I might try some because of the wide range of colors, but would like to hear your experiences and thoughts about it. The cord is really reasonably priced, so what do you guys think?

Thanks for your thoughts, opinions, negatives, positives, etc...

I've been using it for about a year now and have no problems with it. I use .30, .35 and .40.

Just bought my first couple rolls. I use the .35. I have a roll or two of the .20 but I find that it is way to thin for exposed stitching. I've been using it on some hidden seems, though, and it seems to work well.

Thanks for the reply's and please keep them coming. Especially about size and colors you use. I am waiting on a roll of .40 turquoise to use on my bible cover. I think it will look good as I am going to "case" the leather with Angelius turquoise dye and distilled water.

My plan is to lightly color the casing water with the dye, afterwords finish with thinned mahogany antique gel so there will be some turquoise color in there and will use the turquoise cord for stitching in certain areas. Hope it turns out....

Yeah when the bible cover is completed I will post a couple or three pics. Right now I am still waiting on the turquoise dye to come in. I have the leather cut out and have the design all ready to go...just need that dye! By the way...I scored the discontinued Cross Meander Stamps and will now incorporate the stamp into the borders with a camo stamp and seeder...that will look great as well...

Ok...I hope to "Git-R-Done" soon...

I use this for holsters etc.. Works great. I like the stitching to stand out, and have used as heavy as .50. Normally use .40, .45. Tough stuff! Lots of colors to choose from.