kevinhopkins

I need Chaylor Fennelli feed back

I'd like to know if there's a significant demand for Chaylor interiors... I have an opportunity.

Kevin Hopkins

I'd use their wallets, clutch purses, biz card holders, and day planners.

thanks K-man..... this could get interesting!

Kevin

Hi Kevin,

I Think I would too. Ive heard the name and know what they produce but are they affordable? I havent seen any prices for there stuff before.

Kevin, they are quality items i would purchase them from you.

Kevin,

I don't use a lot of them but feel they are the best alternative to those I make myself. I offer them to my customers as an alternative in order to reduce price. I purchased a bunch of interiors a couple of years ago and am about out of them. I think they are a very quality product. My one and only criticism is that the zippers Kieth uses have a very distinct pink color to them which does not look good when installed. I've had to remove and install my own zippers on occassion because the pink color was just not acceptable. Overall I'm a big fan!

Bobby

I've seen their products, and they are high quality. Keith has made a point of incorporating his customers' feedback into his designs, and the designs themselves are practical and clean. I think the market will bear the higher price point because it's still cheaper and quicker to buy C-F interiors than to do guts from scratch, and if you are all about quality, you can't use the "standard" crummy insides that have been selling for years at the lower price point. Most of those are so bad you have to do the insides yourself or be embarrassed.

Johanna

I googled them because I knew they had a link, and the first 5 hits were to LW. This is what we are talking about:

http://chaylor.com/

Kevin

I use them like craze I just ordered 30 wallet liners.

I would buy.

Josh

Kevin,

My brutally honest experience. I am going to be in the minority and not a 100% satisfied customer. I bought a pretty good sack full of CF inserts at Sheridan 4 years ago or so. I think I had a couple styles of wallet liners, at least two of the same style purse setups, and some small card cases. In their defense, they are very thin and sleek. I am with Bob on the zippers. There is a pretty small sewing lip allowance on some of the inserts. Machines can tend to run off the edge. I think I remembered one to have a fair amount of fabric that bled glue. Customer experience for guys wallets has not been real stellar. I made one for myself to see and the guts lasted about 6 months. My Tandy guts had lasted about 6 years in the one I was packing before and were still good. The Tandy gut one that replaced the CF has been good for a few years. I bought up all the unpunched Tandy Premier wallet liner guts I could find. I have three sets left. Wallets are not a big order deal for me, but we all get a few orders and I always have one on hand for an emergency gift order.

Hi Kevin,

I Think I would too. Ive heard the name and know what they produce but are they affordable? I havent seen any prices for there stuff before.

Hi Will,

I'm really not too sure yet.... I know they make a line of kangaroo and Calf, and I know the kangaroo is high, but I'm waiting on prices on both. I should know in a few days. I suspect the profit margin on my end won't be all that great, so I'm going to have to balance that out with the fact that it would be a sale that wouldn't normally exist..... I'll try to post more when I know. My gut tells me that at least the calf will be reasonable... (for whatever that's worth)... Of course, my gut also tells me that it's almost lunch time... :)

Kevin

Kevin, they are quality items i would purchase them from you.

Thanks Luke... I really appreciate your view...

Kevin

Kevin,

I don't use a lot of them but feel they are the best alternative to those I make myself. I offer them to my customers as an alternative in order to reduce price. I purchased a bunch of interiors a couple of years ago and am about out of them. I think they are a very quality product. My one and only criticism is that the zippers Kieth uses have a very distinct pink color to them which does not look good when installed. I've had to remove and install my own zippers on occassion because the pink color was just not acceptable. Overall I'm a big fan!

Bobby

Thanks Bobby!!! I've spoken with Keith about the possible need to perhaps "americanize" some of his products as we go along, (if we do go along) and he seems quite open to that. I appreciate the insight!

Take care,

Kevin

I've seen their products, and they are high quality. Keith has made a point of incorporating his customers' feedback into his designs, and the designs themselves are practical and clean. I think the market will bear the higher price point because it's still cheaper and quicker to buy C-F interiors than to do guts from scratch, and if you are all about quality, you can't use the "standard" crummy insides that have been selling for years at the lower price point. Most of those are so bad you have to do the insides yourself or be embarrassed.

Johanna

I googled them because I knew they had a link, and the first 5 hits were to LW. This is what we are talking about:

http://chaylor.com/

Thanks Johanna! So far, all that I've spoken with have a pretty high opinion of not only the product, but the man as well, so I'm getting the feeling that I need to pursue this. One thing that I know for sure, if I don't, the product is going to leave this country. Thanks again for the input!

Kevin

I would buy from you.

Thanks Elliot!

Kevin

Kevin

I use them like craze I just ordered 30 wallet liners.

I would buy.

Josh

Thanks Josh!!! That's what....30 per week??? (a little humor there... :) )

Thanks for the info!

Kevin

Kevin,

My brutally honest experience. I am going to be in the minority and not a 100% satisfied customer. I bought a pretty good sack full of CF inserts at Sheridan 4 years ago or so. I think I had a couple styles of wallet liners, at least two of the same style purse setups, and some small card cases. In their defense, they are very thin and sleek. I am with Bob on the zippers. There is a pretty small sewing lip allowance on some of the inserts. Machines can tend to run off the edge. I think I remembered one to have a fair amount of fabric that bled glue. Customer experience for guys wallets has not been real stellar. I made one for myself to see and the guts lasted about 6 months. My Tandy guts had lasted about 6 years in the one I was packing before and were still good. The Tandy gut one that replaced the CF has been good for a few years. I bought up all the unpunched Tandy Premier wallet liner guts I could find. I have three sets left. Wallets are not a big order deal for me, but we all get a few orders and I always have one on hand for an emergency gift order.

Thanks Bruce! I need to hear that kind of stuff! I'm hoping that you are in the minority on this one, and I'm also hoping that Chaylor has addressed those issues. With the feedback from folks here, and folks that I've spoken with in person, and on the phone, I'm thinking that I need to pursue this. I think that if the quality control has improved, (I'm told that it has) and with the addition of the calf line, that this could maybe be a good thing. Most likely all I'll need is a bucket of money.... So if you all could just send me the extra that you've got laying around from all the high profit leather work that you do, I'd appreciate it...... :)

Take care, and thanks again,

Kevin

Kevin,

Just to expand a little bit....the products I bought were all organizer interiors which I will post a photo of in a finished piece. I made a broad generalization and feel I should clarify my experiences with the product in light of Bruces experiences with the wallet and purse liners. I was a little surprised when Bruce said he didn't have good luck with his intereiors. I have never used the wallet liners because I almost never get requests for wallets and I have never used one of his purse liners. I did buy some business card interiors and haven't had any come back yet, but I'm sure they do not see the daily wear that a wallet liner would.

If I used more of the organizer interiors I might consider a little different layout which Kieth offered to produce for me, but I just don't sell enough quantity to justify the expense. I am very happy with the organizer interiors I have used so far with the exception of the zipper color which I mentioned in my earlier post.

Here is a photo of a CF organizer interior and you can see the color issue I have with the zipper...

Hope this helps....

Bobby

'09 ARHFA 8x10 Org (f)L.jpg'09 ARHFA 8x10 Org (d)L.jpg

post-7682-125502260043_thumb.jpg

post-7682-125502260165_thumb.jpg

Edited by hidepounder

Here is a photo of a CF organizer interior and you can see the color issue I have with the zipper...

Wow, that is really pink!

Kate

Kevin,

Just to expand a little bit....the products I bought were all organizer interiors which I will post a photo of in a finished piece. I made a broad generalization and feel I should clarify my experiences with the product in light of Bruces experiences with the wallet and purse liners. I was a little surprised when Bruce said he didn't have good luck with his intereiors. I have never used the wallet liners because I almost never get requests for wallets and I have never used one of his purse liners. I did buy some business card interiors and haven't had any come back yet, but I'm sure they do not see the daily wear that a wallet liner would.

If I used more of the organizer interiors I might consider a little different layout which Kieth offered to produce for me, but I just don't sell enough quantity to justify the expense. I am very happy with the organizer interiors I have used so far with the exception of the zipper color which I mentioned in my earlier post.

Hope this helps....

Bobby

Thanks BobbY!! It does help! And I can see the zipper color issue. I think that could be addressed in time.... At least I hope so! And by the way, you do nice work! smile.gif

Kevin

Thanks BobbY!! It does help! And I can see the zipper color issue. I think that could be addressed in time.... At least I hope so! And by the way, you do nice work! smile.gif

Kevin

Kevin, I use them all the time and have liked the ones that I have used. My supplier has quit handling them and I will have to find someone else. It would be nice to have you as a supplier. Even if your profit is not that great you would be providing a service to those who do not make their own insides. The Tandy one dried up and there seems no where else to buy insides like the CF.

Randy

I would be interested as well, especially wallet innards.

Kevin,

So far I have no complaints for you. I used the roper type wallet liners and the clutch purse liners without any problems. After we got the phone number problem in Arizona cleared up, everything was smooth sailing. Thanks for getting back to me so quickly on that too.

Frank

Kevin, I use them all the time and have liked the ones that I have used. My supplier has quit handling them and I will have to find someone else. It would be nice to have you as a supplier. Even if your profit is not that great you would be providing a service to those who do not make their own insides. The Tandy one dried up and there seems no where else to buy insides like the CF.

Randy

Thanks Randy...I've seen your work, and it really deserves the best!

Kevin

I'd buy some Kevin, havent been able to find them myself

I'd probably buy some.

Hi Kevin,

Im assuming your talking about carrying the line, If you decide to start carrying the CF stuff, about how far out in time do you think it will be before we can start ordering?

Thanks and keep us posted.

Is there room for me on this bandwagon too? I would buy these inserts form you also, Kevin. We need a good supplier that is dependable.

Kevin

1st off I want to thank you as a business owner with the knowledge and experience that you bring to this forum(not brown nosing). I was just on the Chaylor Fennelli web site http://chaylor.com/ and wondering if you'll have access to the entire product line or certain items only. I went to the hitching post site and saw they stopped carrying the liners. I would buy if you start carrying them. Can their liners be dyed, or do they have a finish on them?

Charlie

I have used a few of the inserts. My customers like them better than Tandy and I like the leather better.