I grew up with Draft Horses from time I was 2 or 3 years old. Have always been "taken" by all breeds. These have to be some of the most beautiful creatures on earth.

WAR HORSES - Absolutely Beautiful!

Too magnificent not to send on. You'll love the music as well, beautifully played.
These horses were originally bred as "war horses" in the days of knights and armor.
As armor got heavier, bigger horses were needed and the Friesian almost became extinct.
They are back and are one of the most beautiful horses in stature as well as gait.
What gorgeous animals! Just watching them becomes an emotional experience.
Can you imagine what it would be like to ride one?
Their manes and tails are the longest that I have seen and I noticed that when performing on grass,
their hoofs do not kick up a divot, as they land flat footed. Creatures such as these are
what makes this world so special. These horses are native to the Netherlands.
Have your audio on.

Yes Ferg, I agree, horses, from a to z, and all the breeds in-between are special and watching them run, and play in the pasture or in the ring, they make me just stop and stare. There is nothing like it.

Thanks for sharing.

Bob

We had 5 PERCHERON draft horses when I was at home, before going off to the service. Old Dan was "Sway Backed". You have never had fun until you ride a big black Percheron that happens to be "Swayed". Older brother and I would get on Dan and head for the woods. This was a slow ride. We also had a stallion, "NICK SETTLEMEIER" was his registered name. Also a Percheron but dapple gray. We had to mount him while in his box stall. You better duck fast when he headed for the door because you were on the way to a ride you wouldn't forget. Nick would get tired of us on his back after awhile. We had a small Spring fed "Branch" running through the farm, Nick went there and laid down on his side to get rid of us. Yes, we jumped quick. He returned to the barn while my brother and I had to walk back.

Fanny was momma to Major and Princess. She was gentle but we never tried to ride her. She was Sorrel as was her daughter. Major was as black as a Fresian. I don't remember how many hands he was but he was BIG. I remember going in his stall to put a bridle on him. He stood on one of my feet and held his head high. I tried while standing in the manger, you can only imagine how that went. LOL

Fetched them from the woods with a Whistle, formed with our lips. I can still see them when they came running down the lane to the barn.

OH BOY! I am really getting old.

Horses of any type are cool.

When i found out that the Fresian home is up in the Friesland of the Neatherlands, i figured i will need to find one to ride the next time im in the Neatherlands.