Sign in to follow this  
Maureen

Nature Tanned Leather?

We used to get the Nature Tanned leather from Tandy. They no longer make it and our supply at home is just about finished. We use it to stamp and then block dye and like the mellow yellowy tone that shows through at the base of the stamps. Does anyone else have a yellowy/golden tone leather that is toolable and dyeable? I was going to try Siegal since I'd seen something like that before in their sale ads but that seems like it's no longer an option.

thanks, Maureen and Sean

LongDog Leather Works

use Wickett & Craig...Chestnut pre dyed, this will give you the same results.......

Or, you can spray it with yellow dye (I used to, back in the '70s if I didn't want to pay for Tandy's nature-tand [my manager once told me that nature-tand was dyed because some of the top grain was sanded off because of the blemishes- I really don't know for sure, though]). Again, you used to be able to buy Omega yellow dye by the quart, so it was very economical to do it then, but I guess not now, Maureen.

russ

hmmm, my browser is warning me that the Wickett and Craig website is infecting peoples computers....

I could loan you my wife's cat. It got angry with me a while back and "dyed" an entire tooling side yellow for me. I'm still trying to think of an appropriate way of expressing my thanks to the thoughtful kitty. (one I can get away with).:innocent:

Edited by firewallsrus