Mark's awesome video has taught me how to build a pair of chinks but it doesn't cover the type of back belt that is laced on. Can anyone point me in the right direction? Tandy's chap pattern pack has the patterns for that type of back belt but doesn't really tell me how to put it all together.

Thank you!

Mark's awesome video has taught me how to build a pair of chinks but it doesn't cover the type of back belt that is laced on. Can anyone point me in the right direction? Tandy's chap pattern pack has the patterns for that type of back belt but doesn't really tell me how to put it all together.

Thank you!

I don't know of a video on lacing the back belt on chinks. I just took me a pc. of scrap & figured it out. Really pretty simple but I don't have any pictures of it. Maybe I can explain it, lol, not good at explaining.

Punch holes in a triangle shape. Measure your distance between the holes you punch so they will be even. I usually do 4 to 6 sets. It just depends on how you want it to look laced.

Lay your belt on the chinks & mark your holes & punch them also. Make sure on all measurements before you punch your holes cause once you punch a hole you are at the point of no return.

0 0 0 0

0 0 0 0

0 0 0 0

Start at the bottom 2 holes from the bottom side with you lace & run up through them. Even your lace out to the ends & then run both ends of lace down through the center hole. Then from the bottom side again run the lace back up through the next 2 outer holes. The run both ends again down through the center hole. Do this for as many sets of holes as you have punched. Keep your lace on the same side that you start it on. When you get to the last center hole you punched run it down through the hole & down to the bottom where you started at & run lace ends underneath your 1st bottom loop. I have run it under all loops also. Beat lace down flat with your cobblers hammer on front & back. Pull your lace tight as you lace the belt to the chinks.

I am sure there are others that do it differently but this is how I have always done it. Anyway I hope this helps you out.

Tex

Edited by Tex

Perfect! Thank you! :cowboy: