Tina

Last item "Made in USA"

Hi all :cheers:

well now all the tools is going down in boxes but I manage to get this wedding gift done intime so...Happy about that:-)

This is a container for a bottle of French Champange to be used at either the wedding night or the first anniversary maybe???

Anyways, loads of scrollwork on this one, it tock forever to get done. Dyed with well dilutet Angelus dyes and Fiebings Hi-Liter. I used calf leather for all the braiding (in TomSwede's braiding technique) except for the shiny stuff which is Mylar.

This is also my first project totally using mauls. I have 2 of them, both from Bearman here on LW and I have to say, Gorgeous first class tools and I Love'm :thumbsup:

Absolutely beautifully detailed work. You must be really pleased with the final result.

Tina is still my favorite leather artist... not worker... artist. Your vision and execution is inspiring. Thank you!

Absolutely beautifully detailed work. You must be really pleased with the final result.

Thanks you much:-)

To tell the truth, as most arty people I am my worst enemy when critiquing my own work...Lets just say I'm semi happy with it and I know what to do differently the next time (no Hi-Lite inside the text area, you live and learn *S*)

Tina is still my favorite leather artist... not worker... artist. Your vision and execution is inspiring. Thank you!

Thank you loads for your beliefs in me, it warms my heart:-)

Beautiful as always Tina!

Bob

Stunning!

Wow, those mauls look AWESOME~ Thanks for sharing.

Oh yea, the wine bottle carrier looks pretty *itching too! (just kidding on the mauls)

Beautiful as always Tina!

Bob

Your comment always means alot :-)

Stunning!

Thank you Wildrose, soooo nice of you:-)

Wow, those mauls look AWESOME~ Thanks for sharing.

Oh yea, the wine bottle carrier looks pretty *itching too! (just kidding on the mauls)

:rofl: I appriciate a good comment, got to Love this one :thumbsup:

Simply Gorgeous!!!

Thanks a load Storm:-)

Hey Sis!!

That is outstanding and great looking tube. You know I love tubes!!!

I can't take credit for the braid, it was ShirleyZ who described this simplified mexican roundbraid in a post and I started to use it because to gives just a good cover as the real roundbraid and I wanted some variation from it (the handles for my fishingrod tubes).

That type of mauls scares me. They look beautiful but uncomfortable to me.

Why is the head rounded, anyone?? I like a thin handle so I can swing it easily between my index finger and thumb.

Good to hear you're wrapping things up and coming home, it's been oh so lonely here;-)

Love your container!!!

Tom

Hi Tina,

nice as always !!!

I hope I can dye as good as you some day. I will test out the hints you gave me on my next cue case.

Can´t wait to see the "First piece back in Sweden" :lol: !!!

Wish you all the best.

Cheers,

Marcel

Hi Tina,

Absolutely Stunning,,, as always!! I am Very proud to have an Artist like you, using something I've made to create such beautiful pieces of usable Art!! I hope you have a wonderful time in Sweden, & continue to create as only You can.

Ed the"BearMan"

Hey Sis!!

That is outstanding and great looking tube. You know I love tubes!!!

I can't take credit for the braid, it was ShirleyZ who described this simplified mexican roundbraid in a post and I started to use it because to gives just a good cover as the real roundbraid and I wanted some variation from it (the handles for my fishingrod tubes).

That type of mauls scares me. They look beautiful but uncomfortable to me.

Why is the head rounded, anyone?? I like a thin handle so I can swing it easily between my index finger and thumb.

Good to hear you're wrapping things up and coming home, it's been oh so lonely here;-)

Love your container!!!

Tom

Hi lil'bro and manny Thanks:-) I guess sinse your braid at that type was the first I time for me, it's always going to be "your braid" to me:-)

Yeah, it's getting closer and the more I see the customs papers, the gazillions of boxes and such...Man this is no fun. Remind me to never ever try moving to another contry again *LOL*

About the mauls...You just have to try them. For some reason it's easier to hit the maul on a tool right than with the mallet. I now visually it don't make any sense:-)

Hi Tina,

nice as always !!!

I hope I can dye as good as you some day. I will test out the hints you gave me on my next cue case.

Can´t wait to see the "First piece back in Sweden" :lol: !!!

Wish you all the best.

Cheers,

Marcel

Thank you Marcel:-) By the time I can unpack and use my beloved tools again it might take manny, manny months...I might be a rocky again? *LOL*

I just hope the dye hints will work for you...What I love is that dyes will let the natural leather shines through (veins and all), acryllic paint will never let that happend.

Hi Tina,

Absolutely Stunning,,, as always!! I am Very proud to have an Artist like you, using something I've made to create such beautiful pieces of usable Art!! I hope you have a wonderful time in Sweden, & continue to create as only You can.

Ed the"BearMan"

Hi Ed:-)

I'm just soooo happy with these mauls, they work great for me:-)

I'll unpack and start again as soon as I get a place I can use. I guess that during that time and now I can make up patterns:-)

Hey Tom... do happen to have a link to that post?

I'm working on a case that could use that kind of braid.

That is a great job Tina, looks like it took a while to say the least. I really like your style its definatly all your own.

Dont forget about us when you hop over the pond and have a safe trip.

Dont forget about us when you hop over the pond and have a safe trip.

Naw...Never!!!

The world is just to small these days, t's easy to keep in touch:-)

Glad you like it. I have to say, this is one of the biggest items I have made.......And one of the quickest???? I guess the assembly is the fasted one I've made, very straight forward. I think I'm going to be the "tube woman" in the future :rofl:

Golly! I'm speechless. You are what many people strive for... Stan

Hey Tom... do happen to have a link to that post?

I'm working on a case that could use that kind of braid.

The post where Shirley describes this braid assumes that you allready know how to make the mexican roundbraid so if you don't know that it won't be much of help to you.

This is where I learned the mexican roundbraid:

http://www.btinternet.com/~kingsmerecrafts/page100.html

Every time the lacin needle comes out from a hole you just skip the going under lace part and take the needle directly into next hole.

The start is the hardest part and corners is something I still struggle a bit with. Rounded corners looks best ans is easier to do.

Tom

Incredible! Really!

Edited by Bryan

Hi there, from Canada

I would love to see what everyone is talking about, but have no pictures to see. Help!!

Tina will put her pics back when she has completed a current project. They are worth the wait. :)

Johanna

I was wondering why there was no picture....thought maybe it was one of those copy right issues....??

I was wondering why there was no picture....thought maybe it was one of those copy right issues....??

Hi Rayban:-)

As Johanna says, they will be back again. I'm in the process of 1. moving 2. changing names on my stuff & 3. changing my web address...When all is set and done the pictures will all come back. (the copyright issue just made it happend quicker, that's all *S*)