post-27630-043066600 1347810782_thumb.jp

post-27630-022990900 1347810773_thumb.jp

This is the second wallet I have done. I laced it several different ways and got frustrated and ended up with this ....LOL

Nice..you did a great job carving and tooling. What lace technique is it? A criss cross?

Edited by benlilly1

Hi Volpert..I agree, the tooling is nice.. very crisp and well defined.. Did you use a petal lifter on the leaves to gain extra depth? ;)

What thickness leather did you use on this?

Regards

Phil

I like it a lot very nicely done ! I am not sure you said you laced it a couple times ,are you having trouble with that ? If so try looking at this site www.kingsmerecrafts.com The double pass edge braid is nice ,on this project I think its worthy of the time it takes to do the triple pass edge braid . Regardless its a mighty fine project and you should be proud of the work you have done . Bill

post-27630-043066600 1347810782_thumb.jp

post-27630-022990900 1347810773_thumb.jp

This is the second wallet I have done. I laced it several different ways and got frustrated and ended up with this ....LOL

Nice..you did a great job carving and tooling. What lace technique is it? A criss cross?

thanks ...just skipped a hole and back..

I like it a lot very nicely done ! I am not sure you said you laced it a couple times ,are you having trouble with that ? If so try looking at this site www.kingsmerecrafts.com The double pass edge braid is nice ,on this project I think its worthy of the time it takes to do the triple pass edge braid . Regardless its a mighty fine project and you should be proud of the work you have done . Bill

Thank you. I hole space for a round lace and straight stitch but didn't like the edges showing even with burnish, so I tried double loop but hole spacing too far apart and didnt look quit right ....I tries different sizes of lace and got frustrated and just did this simple style. I need to look at that triple pass braid you mentioned.... Thank you Bill

Think it looks great, thanks for posting it. David

thank you David

Hi Volpert..I agree, the tooling is nice.. very crisp and well defined.. Did you use a petal lifter on the leaves to gain extra depth? ;)

What thickness leather did you use on this?

Regards

Phil

Thanks Phil, I do undercut and use pedal lifters and modeling tools to lift and crisp the edges... this was some 6-7oz European bend

Looks great I wish my horse's came out so nice mine always look like a a scared cat.

LOL ...i like doing horses and other animals...one thing that has helped me is tracing photographs of animals and trying to put them on leather....helps if you have decent scrap to practice with :)

Really nice carving! I really like the horse, and your leaves came out good too.

Bob

Really nice carving! I really like the horse, and your leaves came out good too.

Bob

Thank you Bob!

David ,The link I gave you will take you to site with hundreds of pages of leather how to's . Might as well make a launcher on your home page so you can return with a single click. I think you will find many things of value there if you choose to look . Best wishes for many hours of productive leather working . Bill

Thank you. I hole space for a round lace and straight stitch but didn't like the edges showing even with burnish, so I tried double loop but hole spacing too far apart and didnt look quit right ....I tries different sizes of lace and got frustrated and just did this simple style. I need to look at that triple pass braid you mentioned.... Thank you Bill

thank you David

Tooling is absolutely awesome! Really pops. I'm blown away by it. Wish I could do that.

Very nicely done. The tooling is top shelf. I've tried a couple horses, and they turn out looking like Welsh circus ponies!! Good job.

Tooling is absolutely awesome! Really pops. I'm blown away by it. Wish I could do that.

Thank you!

Very nicely done. The tooling is top shelf. I've tried a couple horses, and they turn out looking like Welsh circus ponies!! Good job.

Thank you! LOL I am about to start another wallet tmrw....tri fold. trying to decide on the centerpiece.....animal or something dif.

your tooling is quite nice. keep up the good work.

Thank you!