sstouder

Sewing Machine Dealer In Idaho, Washington Or Oregon?

Hi. I'm new to this forum. I posted this in the "wanted" forum, but thought this might be a better place. I live in West Central Idaho. I pack and ride horses and mules into Idaho's back country and Wilderenss. I've made my own pack gear and most of my own saddle gear for decades, but always hand stitched. I'm looking to get a walking foot sewing machine as my fingers aren't as strong as they used to be. I think I would like a Juki clone like a cowboy or cobra, but not sure. Anyway, I can't seem to find any dealer representatives in my area (Boise or Lewiston are my nearest bigger towns). Does anybody have any advice for me either on a machine selection and/or a dealer in my area or both? Thanks you. I appreciate the help.

Boyd Walker here in Spokane. They have been around for a very long time.

Regards, Eric

Also, Sewing Machine Service in Renton. Steve

ferdco in idaho are good folk

Thanks for the help all. I managed to get contact info on: Sewing machine service in Renton and Boyd Walker in Spokane - both are a long ways from where i live. It appears that Ferdco, formally of Idaho, has sold out to a company in Ill.. So I may be looking at doing some long distance shopping for a sewing machine!! :-)

I was in the same situation as you last year living here in central Idaho. I talked with several of the dealers who advertise on this forum and got good information from all of them. I ended up buying a machine from Bob at Toledo Industrial Sewing Machines. It was a real pleasure doing business with him and he has helped me since the purchase to overcome a few problems that were related to my inexperience with machine sewing leather. Bob gave me really good advise too on what machine would best suit my needs (mostly thinner leather such as upholstery leather) so that I didn't buy more machine than I needed.