TomG

What Edge Guide For A Singer 111W155

I was looking at Kwokhing.com for an edge guide. I emailed tham as I didn't see this machine listed.

Does anyone know which one will work?

Or is there a US source for a good guide?

Thanks

TomG,

There are lots of edge guides available, but someone would have to know what type you would like. Are you asking about a swing down guide? A T-edge guide? Roller guide on plate also?

The swing guide is not going to be a direct bolt on item on Singer 111W155, and screws would have to be tapped where the guide would attach to the machine.

Tom G;

The good folks at Kwokhing are probably not going to know what a Singer 111W155 is or looks like. From what I have read from our member, Trox, they only understand current brands and models of machines, especially those built in Chinese factories.

I ordered the edge guide designed for the Pfaff 1245. It bolted straight onto the back of my Adler 167. My Pfaff 145 didn't have the threaded holes so I drilled/tapped the back for M5 bolts. I really like the guide and am about to order 2 more of them.

I don't think you'll have any issues with mounting the pfaff 1245 model on your singer but you'll likely have to tap the back of the machine. Pretty painless process and well worth it.

IMG_5195.JPG

Edited by thesergeant

I have a "T" shaped guide, but the only place I can see to attach it is the bobbin cover...Those 2 holes in the cover on that Pfaff photo above are the same as the Singer cover I've attached it to. But, as you can guess, a movable cover is NOT what you want an edge guide hooked to. AND, I had to make very sure the screws didn't get in the way of the hook, bobbin or thread...

The one on the Pfaff would be perfect. I have no problem drilling and tapping a couple of holes.

I figure between the crew here, someone can point me to the right one.

Would that model fit the 155?

Thanks

Oh.. Gregg... You might have some better solutions. I am not familiar with some that you mentioned, like roller guide on plate.

Recommendations?

thesergeant,

I went to the Kwokhing website and could not find any edge guides for Pfaff. Could you post where you found them?

I went to the Kwokhing website and could not find any edge guides for Pfaff. Could you post where you found them?

Try here:

http://www.kwokhing.com/guide/

Look at KG767B or the GB6

I contacted them but the guy who answered didn't seem to be 100% sure which one would fit the Singer.

He said the guy who knows these machines was out until next week some time.

I seem to recall someone a while back on the group here had put one on the W155 but I can't find that post.

I just found the same type (I think) at a dealer in Germany and he even has a number of adapters.

Check this:

http://www.rimgm.de/shop/PFAFF/PFAFF-145-245-335-545-1245/Kantenlineal-hochschwenkbar.html?listtype=search&searchparam=kantenlineal

Adapters are listed on the right side.

@ thesergeant

How much was your edge guide including shipping from China?

If there is a difference of just a few $ (well, I probably have to pay import fees + taxes when ordered in China) I would order one here in Germany.

Before you order from China or Germany, check with Gregg here first. I won't quote prices he gave me here, but he might be able to meet or beat that and not make you have to worry about adapters, screws, etc... And customs, overseas shipping, etc.

I was advised by the Kwokhing guy to look at one of 3 models... The GB series. They look identical to the KG767 series devices.

I was quoted just under $20 USD for the device. Not sure what S&H would be.

Hello,

i'm new here. I've bought last year a old Pfaff 145VR to stitch leather. My small Ambition is to weak and further i'll use it only for light fabric, so the 145 is a realy nice Thing for heavy Fabrics :)

Now i'm inured to all the little Helper on my small new Pfaff. The most needed thing is a good fence, so i found this Thread.

Some searching throws me to rimgm in Germany, but is this the same Quality as the kwokhing stuff? Is there a Europe Dealer or must i import from USA or China to Germany? Thats such a kind of craziness... the old Pfaff base is round about 50 km from me (in Kaiserslautern) and no good supplier is available here in Germany :P

I'll hope you can help me.

Greetings from Germany :)

Hello Constabulary,

thanks for your Reply.

I also know the rimgm Offer, but i think these are different ones. The Rimgm has only one knurled screw for adjusting, the one from thesergeant has an aditional for fixing the Guide. I don't know which i should buy, the Rimgm looks so artless and not rugged. Do you see the Rimgm Version in real life? Is this thing rugged enough?

Thank You :)

Greetings from Germany

I haven´t seen either one personally but this one looks good to me

http://www.ebay.de/itm/Kantenlineal-fur-alle-Dreifachtransport-Maschine-/221438341576?pt=Alte_Berufe&hash=item338ec0f1c8

The one form Kwokhing is $65 shipped (in case Kwokhing has not risen their prices.) and you probably have to pay taxes + 19% UST when it stops at the customs so it would cost about 55-58€

The one in Germany is 79€ and you don´t have to drive to the customs offcie and pick it up (just in case) + you have a 2 years warranty.

And if you are a running a business you can discount the 19% taxes so it would cost 64€ w/o taxes.

No matter what - for just 20€ I don´t take the pain to order in China.

Just my 2 cents

Thats right what Thesergeant says; the Pfaff 1245 guide will fit your Singer head. Like Wiz mention the people in Kwokhing do not know these old machines. They produce for new machines like Juki, DA and Pfaff with clones. As Greg Mention you probably have to tap holes for it on the back of the head just like I describe in post #37 in this topic. http://leatherworker.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=37299&page=3

The machine here is a Pfaff 345 cyl. bed, but the head is very similar as a Singer 111 W. These kwokhing guides are very fine edge guides I have them on all my machines. I like the Pfaff type the best, those made out of square tubes and rods.

Hi Contabulary, the guide in your link is a Kwokhing guide. (look closely on the pic below and you see their logo. Its a KG767). Kwokhing makes them and sell them to dealers all over the world. Before I paid 25$ for a guide like that, but I guess some of the dealer complained about that because now the price is much higher. (I understand that very well)

Anyway, I you buy these same guide from DA you got to pay around 400$. Kwokhing is located in Hong Kong, send them an email and ask for Mr. Bosco Ko. Find the number in their web page and order, pay with paypal. No problem, fast shipping and good service. Parcels arrives even faster from Hong Kong than from the USA to my location (far north... Oslo) There are some extra customs delay in parts of main land China now a days, but this is Hong Kong...No problemo.

Try it out. Or by your guides from Greg at Keystone, he knows the Singer machines.. for sure.

Thanks

Tor

Hello,

i send some Mails to Rimgm and ordered now this for round about 70€ with shipping (arival tmorrow :) )

http://www.rimgm.de/shop/PFAFF/PFAFF-145-245-335-545-1245/Kantenlineal-hochschwenkbar.html?listtype=search&searchparam=kantenlineal

I'll make some Photos like Trox in the other Link. I have a Pfaff 145 Machine... it's the FlatBed Version from Trox's one.

Thanks for your Reply

Hello,

i have now my Parts from Rimgm. First great thanks to the Rimgm Team for fast e-mail support and fast shipping.

The Device looks very good and is well manufactured. The mounting was also very easy -> i must only drill some 5mm Holes and cut a M6 thread into.

Because i know every forum comunity likes pictures here are some from my work :)

post-52303-0-75110200-1401301580_thumb.j

post-52303-0-62780300-1401301582_thumb.j

post-52303-0-54093300-1401301583_thumb.j

post-52303-0-72816500-1401301584_thumb.j

post-52303-0-53239000-1401301585_thumb.j

post-52303-0-28079600-1401301586_thumb.j

post-52303-0-38348800-1401301587_thumb.j

post-52303-0-19253100-1401301588_thumb.j

You just made your live allot easier. Take a look at all the stuff you can attach to it; welting attachment, zipper guide etc. With a little fuzzing about you can attach a binder on it too. Push it up and out of the way when you do not need it. The only drawback is less space to change needles and bobbins, with big hands and small machines that is.

Nice work, just as I would do it myself :thumbsup:

Tor

Yeah... i tried something arround :) I dont know how i could work before mounting such a device :dunno:

First i'm happy to be able to stitch with a fixed distance to a edge. There is so much to try and learn...

The first Project will be a shaft for my woodworking chisel.

Constabulary: I have a little straight guide and the roller. Which aditional feets are helpfull? :)

Edit: The straight guide is a KG-BZ, a zipper guide

Edited by mcfloppy

That straight is actually a zipper guide; you place it above the zipper cord. Thats why its made like it is; try it out. http://www.kwokhing.com/guide/

All these feet`s will fit your machine depended of what sewing operation you want to perform. http://www.kwokhing.com/pfaff/

You need a piping foot, left and Right foot (alternating foot), smooth feet`s for leather and one (or two) for small operation. You will get far with those. I do not like these center feet`s with a needle hole only, I modify them in to open toe ones. Then I can see where I am sewing. I almost always modify my feet`s, nevertheless; not many of these kwokhing Pfaff feet`s needed to be.

Edited by Trox