RememberingGS

Help With Stock Vtx 1800 C Seat

Hi guys and gals. I really wanna try and make a motorcycle seat using my stock 2003 vtx1800c seat. What,be easiest way,to go about this. I made a fork tool bag that came out pretty nice and I wanna try a seat. Any pointers or does anyone have a pattern. I really appreciate it.

Carefully take the covering that is on the seat now and use that for a pattern. If it is covered with one piece of vinyl that has been stretched over the padding that may not work so well. I doubt you will find a pattern that is already made for your seat, you'll most likely have to make one. Read some of the pinned posts in this section they go over how to make a pattern, he's making a solo seat but with some thinking you should be able to adapt the idea to your seat. Good luck.

Hi guys and gals. I really wanna try and make a motorcycle seat using my stock 2003 vtx1800c seat. What,be easiest way,to go about this. I made a fork tool bag that came out pretty nice and I wanna try a seat. Any pointers or does anyone have a pattern. I really appreciate it.

If that's the seat I am thinking of, there are four or five panels to it, you better hope you can get the cover off to make a pattern. The old lady part (if I remember correctly) you can just do a one piece cover on.

The other thing you might think of doing is taking the seat off and building a seat pan (it will give you a lower ride if you can take that). It isn't as hard as it sounds and if you have a little skill, you can spring it or even put a shock in because there will probably be plenty of room where the old seat lived. Then you will always have the old seat if your first attempt comes up short. I don't know what kind of riding you do, but if you like to do long rides, a chopper style seat mount (like right to the frame) will have you pissing blood by the time you get there.

Art