TroyS

My Latest work...

Hiya gang! Sorry I haven't been as active as usual but I've been busier than :censored2: !

I've been restoring a 1946 Harley ServiCar seat...

Here's a picture of the Servicar... (not the actual bike but just so you have an idea)

43609.jpg

Here's the Seat BEFORE:

HPIM2682.JPG HPIM2683.JPG

Here's the Seat AFTER:

HPIM2852_small.jpg HPIM2849_small.jpg

Whatcha think?

post-6344-1231678000_thumb.jpg

post-6344-1231678086_thumb.jpg

post-6344-1231678100_thumb.jpg

post-6344-1231678154_thumb.jpg

post-6344-1231678187_thumb.jpg

A couple more pics...

Before:

HPIM2685.JPG

After:

HPIM2851_small.jpg

He's happier than a pig in poo.... so happy in fact, now I'm doing one for his better half... I'll post those in another topic...

post-6344-1231678300_thumb.jpg

post-6344-1231678308_thumb.jpg

Dude You Rock! Nice Re-Build! That Is BETTER than New! :You_Rock_Emoticon:

:You_Rock_Emoticon: that looks great. I am trying to get every thing together to cover a police air seat. Did you wet form the leather where it curves up? And how did you attach the cover under the seat?

Dude You Rock! Nice Re-Build! That Is BETTER than New! :You_Rock_Emoticon:

Thanks man! My customer really liked it too! He said the same thing! hah

:You_Rock_Emoticon: that looks great. I am trying to get every thing together to cover a police air seat. Did you wet form the leather where it curves up? And how did you attach the cover under the seat?

Thanks! Yeah, I wet formed the seat area. It's held in place by a 2" lip laced into the cover and 3/16" rivets on the bottom. I can't find the pictures though...

I'm working on another one for a '69 Sportster that does the same thing... I'll post pics of it when it's at that stage... (should be tomorrow)

Thanks for the props!

Looks Great!!

Troy, that seat is way beautiful - nice job. Lots of hours on the braiding, I'm guessing

Excellent work

Nice seat. My Dad has the same seat on his 79 Shovel-Head. Nice re-cover

Thanks everyone for the compliments!

Troy, that seat is way beautiful - nice job. Lots of hours on the braiding, I'm guessing

Thanks Ian! Yeah it took me about 21 hours of lacing total... give or take an hour ... Once you're in the groove ....

Nice seat. My Dad has the same seat on his 79 Shovel-Head. Nice re-cover

Thanks Sasquatch!

I think...Wow!

GREAT JOB.

Karl

Troy,

Beautiful job....simply beautiful....you should be very proud of that one. That is the same style of seat that I did the imitation of in my Monster Seat. I love the job you did and the the bike it is going on. ServiCars rock.

Dave Theobald

WOW!!!! THAT IS GREAT!!!

Fantastic restoration...yep, better than new! What kind of foam did you use?

Great seat... great bike. Love those Servicars. My favorite old bike. I remember when I was a child in Chicago. The Chicago Police Motor Officers drove white Servicars and FH's. I absolutely loved those machines... especially the Servicars. The dealer here in Buffalo has one and it's waycool.

:You_Rock_Emoticon:

Some ServiCar PIX for your amusement.

72-HD-fuz-rs.jpg

1965AnnualReport.jpg.w560h304.jpg

:Holysheep::Holysheep::Holysheep:

Fantastic restoration...yep, better than new! What kind of foam did you use?
I use Marine grade Furniture Foam. It is open celled but designed for marine use. I then layered the foam sheets on 1/4" at a time, 2-18# base layers for long haul support, then 2-12# layers for comfort and finally, 1-8# layer for CUSH factor! Once I shaped the foam and it's ready for covering, I cover the foam with a thin layer of plastic to keep excess moisture out of the foam. The next time I re-foam a seat, I'll take pictures and post them for all to see.And as far as riding the ServiCar, I could ride it, but then I wouldn't be able to look at it! B)
Great seat... great bike. Love those Servicars. My favorite old bike. I remember when I was a child in Chicago. The Chicago Police Motor Officers drove white Servicars and FH's. I absolutely loved those machines... especially the Servicars. The dealer here in Buffalo has one and it's waycool. :You_Rock_Emoticon:
Thanks Bree! Yeah, they are cool machines for sure! Not fast at all (about 50 mph tops), but what a conversation piece!