DoubleC

I Made My First Rolled Edge Today...did I Learn A Lot

I found out goat doesn't roll unless you want a billfold that's over 1/4" thick :) I found out no matter how fast I talked I could not trick my 15-91 into thinking I was sewing UNDER a 1/4" I found out if your not careful when you roll the leather you can end up turning the beautiful CC holders you made yourself into 1" across and they'll barely hold a pencil :) I found out I can make something so poorly even I'm embarrassed to post it and that takes a lot. So no pictures today folks, just a arduous learning experience since I worked on this all day.

BTW I would love to hear other stories of something you messed up so bad there was no making it look intended. Cheryl

Edited by DoubleC

I know the feeling. :grouphug5vj5:

You gained some new insights and capabilities, and made you better, even if it doesn't feel like it at the moment. Can't wait to see it when you get the (devil in the) details sorted out.

One of my "favorite" failure stories is when I thought I could make a cuff for a hot drink cup (coffee cup wrap) and finish it with wax. Marched off to the nearest Caribou Coffee place, asked them to use mine instead of the corrugated cardboard one they usually give you. When I was heading out to my car with my hot coffee, the wrap suddenly started to feel wet. The wax melted. :blink: Uhhoops!

I'm sorry Kate I just saw this, and I'm still laughing. Although I hope you weren't scalded. I amaze myself some times at the unplanned idiotic things I still do, but usually they're worth a laugh. Cheryl