Hello guys,

I have been working on this model for some time and just recently managed to do it the way I wanted to. This is a long wallet made of full-grain veg tanned leather. I dyed it with Fiebing's Pro Oil dye.

How do you like it? What can be improved in terms of skills and design?

Thanks in advance for your feedback.

post-61065-0-35164800-1440746937_thumb.j

post-61065-0-87137700-1440746942_thumb.j

Edited by Jiri Taowski

I don't care for straight stitching like that (vs. slanted stitches), but that's just personal preference. Also, it looks like your thread may be slightly too big for the SPI you used...and I'd probably use a higher SPI for wallets. The stitch line looks a bit too close to the edge. And I'd probably have put a crease line around the closure tab, but again that's all just personal preference. If you like it, that's all that matters.

Edited by 25b

Nice work. Yes, there might be a few things to nitpick about on a skill/design level but everyone has their own personal preference. You have to remember that most people here are enthusiasts and not professional craftsmen and the latter can sometimes be a bit on the conservative and closed mind... I think you should first look to yourself and then your target audience and what they might think. Give your wallet away and ask for feedback a month later. Always strive to make your next work better then the last, and so on. And remember to have fun. Good luck!

Honestly it looks good. About the only thing I would do a little different is where you have what looks like 1/2" between the card slots is make each slot a little bigger to allow putting more cards in each slot easier. Beyond that, stitches look good, you stayed the same distance in from the edge, finish looks good.

I do not see the edges, but in what I see there is nothing to critique.

Maybe if I made it, I'd used a flatter snap, but that's a matter of personal preference.

I think it looks great. I would use a snap instead of a button stud but if you can't set snaps easily like me, i've used a lot of button studs :) Cheryl

There's definitely things you can fiddle with, like thickness of the thread, but your cuts are very good, and you are consistent throughout the entire piece. Very nice job!

Thank you all for your feedback. I'm very glad that you liked it.

Honestly it looks good. About the only thing I would do a little different is where you have what looks like 1/2" between the card slots is make each slot a little bigger to allow putting more cards in each slot easier. Beyond that, stitches look good, you stayed the same distance in from the edge, finish looks good.

Halitech, I've used 0.6 mm Tiger thread and it is the thinnest thread available. Can you recommend any other good thread that would fit here? Thanks

I like it. Nice clean design and look. Is there a full length pocket behind the zipper pouch?

I like it. Nice clean design and look. Is there a full length pocket behind the zipper pouch?

It is. I use that pocket to keep small papers like bills and receipts.

I wouldn't change a thing! It is so well done. I kinda want to make one myself now!