KAYAK45

What Does A Landis 3 In 1 Do?

I just ran into a used 3-1 Landis, Have not seen. What does it do besides cutting straps. The current owner does not know.

The three are Cuts, Skives and Splits. ;)

God Bless, Ray

Lil Ray....got 2 out of three. cuts...skives.....and it has a welt roller on it,

used for pressing the welt to the out sole.

Lil Ray....got 2 out of three. cuts...skives.....and it has a welt roller on it,

used for pressing the welt to the out sole.

Luke, Brother, I've been at this two and a half months. Two out of three ain't bad for a newbie.:rofl:

God Bless, Ray

Alright! I got a picture off FEEBAY. Cannot tell how it skives or the width of skive. Any answer close is OK

The ? in ones were made for the shoe trade, primarily repair work. The skiver part will do about a 1/2 to 3/4 inch skive; NOT TO A FEATHER. It is made to do heavy sole leather up to about 12 iron (1/4 inch). The cutter is the round knife type of cutter, again for heavy sole leather to the depth of the ?in1's throat. There is also a welt press as Luke said and it is good for pressing edges down. The welt is a piece of sort of oil tanned leather that holds the insole and uppers to the outsole.

Art

Alright! I got a picture off FEEBAY. Cannot tell how it skives or the width of skive. Any answer close is OK