Bev478

Ex-Lurker Walks Into The Light!

Hi everyone from a very soggy south west of England.

I have been using this forum as a source of information for a while & I had overlooked the fact that I hadn't introduced myself!

I first started leatherwork 25 years ago & loved it. Tried to make a go of it as a way of making a living - but mainly just sold stuff (belts/keyrings) in the bike club - couldn't find an outlet. When money got tight I got a "proper job" & eventually gave up my expensive hobby & put my tools into storage for a while.

25 years later, was doing some craft fairs with jewellery & decided it may prove an outlet for the leather - & of course, the internet had arrived :clapping: (Don't I wish all this information had been available when I was trying to teach myself all those years ago! So much easier to watch a video......& I LOVE forums!!

Anyway, I have dug my tools out & started to practice again. Still won't make a living at it, but may make it self-financing :dunno:

Sometimes wonder, if only I had stuck with it........may be getting the hang of it by now :rofl:

Attached (hopefully) a couple of things I've made recently. Look forward to interacting with you all now, instead of just reading!

Bev

post-29641-0-59524900-1389312829_thumb.j

post-29641-0-51277000-1389312840_thumb.j

post-29641-0-93348100-1389312926_thumb.j

post-29641-0-91188600-1389312940_thumb.j

Looks like you are well on your way to learning more detail ... and getting more practice. You are doing good work. Good to have you here.

Tom

Welcome Bev! Looks like you haven't lost your edge! Great work!

Very nice clean lines. Welcome out of the side lines. I just joined today, and am looking forward to the exchange of ideas and methods. I make motorcycle related items and have been successful selling some of my items through my web site, as well I operate a booth at various show and shines(bike meets) during the summer. I strive to have 50 to 60 items for display purpose, to give folks a chance to see what they could do, but my passion is made to order custom work......one offs. Love the craft, so, so , much to learn. I guess I should have started in my 30's instead of my 60's :>) Sorry! I do run on.......at any rate...welcome.

Thanks everyone :)

Welcome Eccho - never too late to start ;)

Awesome work Bev, it looks to me like you never left the craft. Welcome.

Great work.... I wonder also where you would be today.....keep with it you have real talent

Thanks for the comments & welcome all of you :)