ruthless

Collar for an 80kg Bullmastiff

Modelled by a 19kg Staffy X :lol:

I took these for the girl I made the collar for to give her a bit of a laugh at how huge her dog is compared to mine. His neck is a whopping 27"!!!

It's dark and raining here so I can't go outside to get better pics, sorry :blush: I'll update the thread later when I do.

3401494792_38eee2a32e.jpg

3401502918_9750770662.jpg

3400714137_0ba727c6ff.jpg

ETA Chopper looks miserable cause he thought putting a collar on meant going for a walk!

Edited by ruthless

Good looking collar!!!

Just love the second pic...sooo disappointed about missing that walk;-)

Tom

Nice :)

Just started doing these for my own dogs - can I bug ya for specs like weight of leather, width of collar etc?

I sure hope ya took him for a walk after the photo shoot! ;)

Thanks. They don't sell straps by weight where I buy them, but it's 5mm thick and 38mm wide. And yes, of course he got a walk, the whinging would be unbearable otherwise!

that second pic is so crying out for a caption

something like

Mom SAID I'd grow into it......someday

poor pup, he looks sooooo disgusted in that one.

A couple of months ago, I made a collar for a bullmastiff with a 30" neck. Those dogs are huge! What kind of appetite do they have? Two people a day?

I like the way you attached the D ring. It's pretty classy looking. I couldn't find a buckle that I liked that was wide enough, so I did the taper thing to accommodate the smaller buckle. As far as I know, Centaur hasn't chewed through it yet.

Jan_09_048.jpg

post-1462-1238625501_thumb.jpg

Thats, really nice :)

I had been attaching the d-rings like this ...

3336716505_61466d9a91.jpg

3108604929_6b6c346d16.jpg

... but I was told it would make the collar a lot stronger if I did it the other way.

Here's a picture of the dog I made it for: Rocco

Apparently even by Bullmastiff standards he's a pretty big boy. I love them, but I could never own a dog that drools that much! :lol:

LOL! That is one huge (and very nice looking!!) collar. I really like the way you've put in the back D-ring, with the extra piece of leather underneath so it won't be seen. Also just had to say how much I love the dog - Staffys are such gorgeous dogs!

- Trinity

Edited by eirenealetheia

Awesome... That dog is huge, collars look great.

Edited by Sasquatch

Chopper is BEAUTIFUL!! THe other fur babies are too! But I love the color -brindle? I think.

Nice looking collars too!

Marie

Thanks, I think he's a bit special too. He's a very patient model, so eager to please. When the shelter brought him out to meet us my first thought was "ugh, I hate brindles", it didn't take long for him to grow on us though and soon after he became our first foster failure :lol: