Has anyone ever attempted to produce a German M25 saddle? If so, how difficult do you feel it would be for a first timer. I have one which I love the feel of and its field utility but its tree is incorrect for my new horses build and I have started to feel guilty about the use of an antique of this nature. I have fair to good leather, wood and metal working skills with access to a harnes machine and hand tools. I am not sure what the tree is made of (some European wood) and the greatest hurdle seems to be the manufacture of the metal. Any help and opinions appreciated.

I have a Swedish Army saddle, similar to your german saddle. The wood parts on my saddle are made of beech, covered with a thin linen cloth and then painted grey.

I think that making a reproduction of your saddle from scratch is quite a challenge, (and I would never even try. )

/ Knut

Hi

Have you some picture of your saddle? I guess Czechoslovak army used same saddles like germany army....we had german military occupation during WW II.

We have lot of old military saddles between horsemens :rolleyes2:

Hi

Have you some picture of your saddle? I guess Czechoslovak army used same saddles like germany army....we had german military occupation during WW II.

We have lot of old military saddles between horsemens:rolleyes2:

Yes I can take some pics and try to post. Have not tried to do it to this forum.

O.K. If will be problems with posting to this forum, send me pics by email

Martin

O.K. If will be problems with posting to this forum, send me pics by email

Martin

This is a number one. I need a number 4.

post-23555-037954300 1312158564_thumb.jp

post-23555-066264600 1312158599_thumb.jp

post-23555-063857400 1312158621_thumb.jp

post-23555-024440500 1312158646_thumb.jp

The Swedish M/00 and M/03 Military saddle is almost identical to your saddle. The most obvious difference is that the Swedish saddle has a 1" thick felt under the bars instead of stuffed panels like yours.

According to a German horse magazine from 2003, a German company by the name of "Witex"in

41334 Netettal-Kaldenkirchen (ZIP, town) , Südliche Wambacher Str. 4 (street), still manufactures these saddles.The email address is witex-gebr.winz@t-online.de . Their webside,however, does not indicate that they still build these saddles ( http://www.witex-geb...z.de/40958.html),.On the other hand,the website states they still build military riding saddles (Militär-Reitsättel). Acc. To the magazine article they still build the saddle for the few riding animals the German Army has. They also make their on own trees (at least for their trecking saddles). So why don't you contact them? Good luck .

Tosch.

Edited by Tosch

According to a German horse magazine from 2003, a German company by the name of "Witex"in

41334 Netettal-Kaldenkirchen (ZIP, town) , Südliche Wambacher Str. 4 (street), still manufactures these saddles.The email address is witex-gebr.winz@t-online.de . Their webside,however, does not indicate that they still build these saddles ( http://www.witex-geb...z.de/40958.html),.On the other hand,the website states they still build military riding saddles (Militär-Reitsättel). Acc. To the magazine article they still build the saddle for the few riding animals the German Army has. They also make their on own trees (at least for their trecking saddles). So why don't you contact them? Good luck .

Tosch.

I will do that. Information greatly appreciated.

I have recently found the website for the Witex reproductions of the M-25 reproduction: http://www.witex-gebrwinz.de/42035.html. You will have to use google to translate it.

Hi everyone. I have a Swedish military saddle for sale. It is stamped 1918 on the pommel. I live in Australia and will flat pack the saddle and post to any country.