Sign in to follow this  
Go2Tex

Lining those monel stirrups - what nails to use?

I've been using linoleum nails in a 5/8" length that I have to cut down to size so they don't penetrate the wood and dent the metal clad. I can't seem to find a short enough nail with a round head on it except brass and that doesn't go with stainless steel stirrups.

What the rest of ya'll use for this job?

I use clipped off lino or escutcheons too.

I got stainless steel escutcheon pins from Sheridan Leather Outfitters. 888-803-3030. 1/2" long. Seem to work just right. Chris

I got stainless steel escutcheon pins from Sheridan Leather Outfitters. 888-803-3030. 1/2" long. Seem to work just right. Chris

Thanks for the tip. Yeah, should have done a search on those. Came right up. Stainless steel escutcheon pins. They even come in a 3/8" length which I prefer since I'm splitting the leather down a bit. I sure can't find them locally, that's for sure. People just look at you with that blank stare and refer you to the arts and crafts store. Oh yeah, or the fabrics store. That's a good one.