Menolly

Threading A Machine

Let me start by saying I know nothing about threading a sewing machine. I studied youtube to get this far but I still can't get it to work. The thread jams up by the bobbin. I am pointing out the spot with a screwdriver in the last picture. Any help would be much appreciated. whatdoyouthink.gif

Thanks!

post-17944-058252000 1331518152_thumb.jp

post-17944-058342800 1331518170_thumb.jp

post-17944-082019200 1331518182_thumb.jp

post-17944-067283400 1331518204_thumb.jp

post-17944-063369000 1331518760_thumb.jp

Here are a few pointers that may help fix the thread tension problem.

• First, invert the thread cone so the base is down.
  • Make absolutely sure that the thread goes firmly down into the upper tension disk set.
  • Increase the pressure on the upper tension beehive spring to about half way, for starters.
  • Make sure that the presser foot is lowered all the way down before you start sewing. When it is raised, by either ht lift lever on the back of the head, or the knee lever, all top tension is released.
  • Make certain that the lowered presser foot goes all the way down and sits firmly on top of the material being sewn.
  • Adjust the spring on the bobbin case so that you can pull the bobbin thread smoothly and easily, without tugging on it. The higher the spring tension on the bobbin, the more needs to be applied topside.
  • Don't use a needle that is way too big for the thread. The thread should just pass freely through the eye (left to right).
  • The needle seems to be in correctly. But, I can't decipher the size ot the needle or thread.
  • Are you trying to sew thin material with a big needle and thread? It doesn't usually work out that way. Try a smaller needle and thread when sewing a couple of ounces of material.
  • The last photo shows the top thread flipping off of the upper tension disks. This means zero top tension. Try wrapping the thread around the post on top of the machine to increase the drag before it gets to the tension disks.

I am definitely going to have to study this Wizcraft. I got to thinking that "duh" it would probably help if I got the right kind of thread, bobbin, and needle for the machine too. I have emailed several sewing sites I found online to ask, but have not gotten a response. Is there a good place you like to deal with for that sort of thing? so I'm not bugging you all the time :)

Thank you very much for your help. I don't know what I'd do without the folks on this site.grouphug5vj5.gif

Ellen

Here are a few pointers that may help fix the thread tension problem.

• First, invert the thread cone so the base is down.
  • Make absolutely sure that the thread goes firmly down into the upper tension disk set.
  • Increase the pressure on the upper tension beehive spring to about half way, for starters.
  • Make sure that the presser foot is lowered all the way down before you start sewing. When it is raised, by either ht lift lever on the back of the head, or the knee lever, all top tension is released.
  • Make certain that the lowered presser foot goes all the way down and sits firmly on top of the material being sewn.
  • Adjust the spring on the bobbin case so that you can pull the bobbin thread smoothly and easily, without tugging on it. The higher the spring tension on the bobbin, the more needs to be applied topside.
  • Don't use a needle that is way too big for the thread. The thread should just pass freely through the eye (left to right).
  • The needle seems to be in correctly. But, I can't decipher the size ot the needle or thread.
  • Are you trying to sew thin material with a big needle and thread? It doesn't usually work out that way. Try a smaller needle and thread when sewing a couple of ounces of material.
  • The last photo shows the top thread flipping off of the upper tension disks. This means zero top tension. Try wrapping the thread around the post on top of the machine to increase the drag before it gets to the tension disks.

I am definitely going to have to study this Wizcraft. I got to thinking that "duh" it would probably help if I got the right kind of thread, bobbin, and needle for the machine too. I have emailed several sewing sites I found online to ask, but have not gotten a response. Is there a good place you like to deal with for that sort of thing? so I'm not bugging you all the time :)

Thank you very much for your help. I don't know what I'd do without the folks on this site.grouphug5vj5.gif

Ellen

Hello,

Here's a threading chart & we just recieved a large shipment of thread & have the needles in stock too.

Bob

post-7185-019702300 1331736606_thumb.jpg

Hello Menolly. In picture #2, you should bring the thread up and over the pin that keeps the 2 tension discs from turning. This will keep the thread from jumping out of the tension discs. Add this to the other advice from Wiz and Bob. Thanks, Steve

Thanks Bob that diagram is a huge help. You_Rock_Emoticon.gif

Thanks Bob that diagram is a huge help. You_Rock_Emoticon.gif

Your Welcome,let me know how it works out for you.

Bob

Edited by sewmun