DStar

White Edge Dye

Hello Everyone,

How can i dye white edge on a leather belt? Fiebing's Edge Kote is only in black, brown, natural...

Can i maybe use normal white dye and then use something get shine on edge? Thank you for your answers and suggestions...Matic

Edited by DStar

I would use White Acrylic Paint in diluted consistancies. Wet/dry sandpaper between coats will give you a smooth durable finish.

Hello Everyone,

How can i dye white edge on a leather belt? Fiebing's Edge Kote is only in black, brown, natural...

Can i maybe use normal white dye and then use something get shine on edge? Thank you for your answers and suggestions...Matic

I would use White Acrylic Paint in diluted consistancies. Wet/dry sandpaper between coats will give you a smooth durable finish.

+1 to what Paul said. For glossy edge, most true acrylics (from the art store) will have acrylic mediums that can be used to thin the paint instead of water and add an extra untinted base that will create various finishes like gloss, satin, crackle, etc. Remember to use the same brand of paint & medium as not all brand formulas like each other.

Thank you both..

Is acrylic paint durable enough or will fade, peel over time (with rubbing...) ? Is likely that because of stretching of leather paint will crack ?

Thank you

+1 to what Paul said. For glossy edge, most true acrylics (from the art store) will have acrylic mediums that can be used to thin the paint instead of water and add an extra untinted base that will create various finishes like gloss, satin, crackle, etc. Remember to use the same brand of paint & medium as not all brand formulas like each other.

You can mix acrylic paint with PVA Cement for a white flexible edge coating.

Why reinvent the wheel. Campbell Leather Machinery sells White edge coating. It is excellent.