jbird

what do you do for a living

Howdy Gang

I am curious what does every one do for making money.

I am a finsh carpenter cabnet/furniture maker and builder been doing it since I was 16.

Josh

I am a patol Sergeant for a Sheriff's Office, Have 27 years in. Only 3 to go until retirement

i have worked for the same neurologist for 20 years, i am a medical scientist that performs medical tests in the neurology field. I do tests for epilepsy, nerve problems etc.

Wow! You guys have interesting jobs!

I braid horsehair and make jewelry.

I'm a technical writer when I can't find anything else more exciting to do.... I really ought to get a proper job but I'm far too idle!

make adult leather goodies during the day, night manager at an adult video store 5 nights a week, armed uniformed security the other 2 nights. all that and I still don't make enough. anybody got a way to add more time to a day? I'm already lucky if I get 6 hours sleep. :P

http://www.defencejobs.gov.au/airforce/job...eSupportFitter/

Here's what I do to fill in the day and nights, and weekends and Xmas day. being one of the bosses I don't get to do a lot of hands on at the bench these days but I still like to get behind the sewing machines and play. I find it the best stress relief from the grind of a managerial position.

Barra

I work as an operator at a papermachine drying section!

Intense work sometimes and VERY hot environment too.

Tom

I'm a Transportation Engineer. (That's the fancy way to say truck driver) :whistle:

I drive four days a week and try to catch up on orders the rest of the time.

Casey

I worked in Grocery stores for over 45 years and was a Meat cutter and Meat Dept Manager

for more years than i care to remember>

i was able to Retire Early and i have not looked back.

Now the Leather work...... keeps me (off the streets & out of the Bars) :crazy:

I am also in transportation. Bus driver.

I'm just what my forum name says. murse= Male NURSE. Of course my brother calls me Fokker after the movie "Meet the Parents"

Scott

I am a bodyman, fiberglass and gelcoat and paint work on boats.

I'm a fulltime Firefighter/EMT and on my days off I'll do whatever pays. If I'm not working on my days off I watch the kids. As the wife works 3rd shift. Shes a RN

Mike

Well, here's my 2 cents worth. I was a design engineer draftsman for a few years and then went into law enforcement. With my sheriff's office for 17 years and both my wife and I got a wild bug up our rear ends and moved to the beautiful Colorado Rockies for 12 years where I had a leather shop, restaurant for three years and built custom cabinets and counter tops. Moved back "home" and went back to work for the sheriff's office. 4 more years and I'm back to full-time leather work! Great to see everyone's diverse experiences.

I work for a living

I build custom machinery by day(electrical, machining, welding) and knifemaker/leatherworker the rest of the time.Drac, you average two more hours sleep than I do,lol.Dave

I'm a design engineer and design 5th generation fighter jets.

I am going to tell you but y'all in law

enforcement close your eyes for ten

seconds. I am the local crack dealer.

It is not a glorious job but hey it is simple

and filled with thrills. I mean where else

can you make fast money and get to shoot

the competition. Okay I admit it that is my

dream job. My real job is baby sitting grown

men who claim to be bricklayers. Me and my

brother have a bricklaying business.

WINDY

I too am a finish carpenter. I fell into carpentry right out of college in 97. The leather shop takes all the free time I have to offer it.

I'm an electrician who work comercial and industrial sites. I'm currently working at natural gas wells right now.....and until further notice....... :(

Well, here's my 2 cents worth. I was a design engineer draftsman for a few years and then went into law enforcement. With my sheriff's office for 17 years and both my wife and I got a wild bug up our rear ends and moved to the beautiful Colorado Rockies for 12 years where I had a leather shop, restaurant for three years and built custom cabinets and counter tops. Moved back "home" and went back to work for the sheriff's office. 4 more years and I'm back to full-time leather work! Great to see everyone's diverse experiences.

AND SOME FOLKS ARE GLAD THAT YOU ARE BACK HOME.. :grouphug5vj5:

ok here is the short list I run a cattle ranch with some part time work. Some days I drive a cement truck and most fridays I work at the local cattle sale barn sorting and selling cows. I all so build a air operated remotecontroled roping chute for calf and team roping yep that is where the name comes from. I all so train some rope horse from time to time.

Ok I think that is most of it.

Russ

I taught myself to trade commodities and stocks and set up a portfolio for my family.

It takes about 15 minutes a day to monitor it so I play and teach golf, leatherwork, and music. 7 years on the road and 5 years before that in partnership with 3 others in a recording studio in California. Recorded LOT's of Sting, Van Morrison, movie soundtracks etc.

Mostly I wrote "jingles" for Chevrolet, Macy's, Joseph Magnins, Lucky and Safeway stores. etc..

College rodeo and pre-vet school before that.

I fish when it's too cold or windy to play golf

Moved to arkansas 15 years ago- best thing that I ever did.

pete