Jordan

Me and 3 of our rescued doggies

Showing off three of our four rescued friends. Angel-Baby, Buddy-Boy, Boo-Bear and me, oops that makes four, our other one is too quick to photograph, Washoe. Thats 2 jack russels one border collie and a chiuauha (sp) and the biggest mutt is me.

00012.jpg

post-4868-1199858868_thumb.jpg

i have a jack.... kinda like the black and white one..... wire hair back and smooth head and sides....

hehe jacks are nuts! we're in the process of looking for a new dog....we had to put our 14 year old "labra-terrier" down last year which was tough (the wife had her since the dog was born....awesome dog....very good snuggler)...and we're just 2 dog people...we've got a chihuahua(proper spelling)-beagle or chihu-eagle (pronounched "cha-weegle") as we call her......unfortunately...we live in an apartment so we've got a 35lb limit...which means i can't get any of the dogs i'd want hehe...

I had a dalmation named tripper-dipper for 12 years, deaf from birth he was a great dog learned sign language pretty good. He got pretty bad physically towards the end and it was a very sad day I had to put him down. Miss him always, still see him occasionally curled up by the fireplace.Some days around here I feel like I live in a kennel LOL. Just couldn't let them be killed, The vet told me once when she was checking one of our jacks " Out the the 4 of us in the room buddy-boy is probably the smartest". They are a real handful gotta stay one step ahead or they will run you.

Just couldn't let them be killed
indeed! between me and the wife...if we had a house on alot of land or a farm or something i'd probably be taking out loans for dog food

leather work..... dogs and hopefully cats....

MY KINDA GUYS...THIS IS L B, AUSSIE MIX JACK RUSSEL

AND PATCHES LOVE THEM AND THEY LOVE ME.[

P1010005.JPG

post-1906-1199896665_thumb.jpg

I had two Rotts and a big black lab for many years...but they got old and died. I still see them out of the corner of my eye, 350 lbs of black fur and good nature. About a year after the last one died, at age 17, a small black dog was on my front porch, skinny, frozen and pitiful. I brought him in and gave him a bath, and tried to find his owner for days, weeks, months...his name is Toby, and I wonder if my big black dogs didn't tell him, "You're lost, so go find Johanna!" Toby is my watchdog. He has different snuffles and signals, so I can keep track of the kids and traffic in and out. He's not cuddly like the big dogs, and he prefers being behind the couch to sitting on it, but he's a good dog who knows his job. I want a newfoundland, but I'm waiting for one who needs me. I don't believe in buying dogs from puppy mills when there are so many dogs who need good homes. I'm a sucker for dogs with sad eyes, so I've had all kinds over the years. Every dog has given more than he's taken, dogs are just that way.

Johanna

toby.jpg

post-5-1199906756_thumb.jpg

i can personally attest to the shear volume that dog can create...he's a barker for sure

one of the wife's clients (she's a hair dresser...er...stylist...er...colorist....whatever) raises newfies for showing....she also uses them for "HABIT" (therapy dogs)....my favorite dog on the planet was one of hers (cody...he's since died)...he would drag her down the hall at the hospital when he saw me....great dogs

if you're ever looking for shelter dogs check out http://www.petfinder.com/ ....the site is a little funky to navigate but they've got alot of dogs there

Our little angel was a puppymill producer for years was so abused she just curled up in a ball, shes 11 or more the vet doesn't really know, had to have most of her teeth removed , broken etc, it has taken 2 years but she is now acting like a dog loves attention, but still very skitish. Buddy was a runaway one of two and the owners took the other one but not him back, he is one of the happiest dogs I have ever seen! Bear was an abused runaway and we got him the day the pound was going to do him in, said he was unadoptable.he's a great dog but still a runner, many a mile on the car chasing him down the first month or two. Washoe was another puppymill producer, she is less than a year old and was forced to have 3 litters already. It is absolutely deplorable what humans do to animals, they are wonderful to have around and they have the ability for unconditional love, not so much with humans. There is a manhunt going on right now for some poor excuse for a man that left 14 puppies in a dumpster all but 1 died. I hope the powers that be make an example of him. Theres a sad eyed one for ya.

P101.JPG

P1010048.JPG

Bud_scratchin_his_back.jpg

post-4868-1199909499_thumb.jpg

post-4868-1199909598_thumb.jpg

post-4868-1199909637_thumb.jpg

Edited by Jordan

My boy, Donnie Geovonnie, is a good boy.... He was about 4 when we got him. I answered a posted ad at the local pet store. Someone was looking for homes for Jacks. I called and set up a meet with her. We met at the same pet store and i took Donnie for a walk around the store, he was nervous and peed on the floor in there twice.... We talked to the lady and she told me that she had had Donnie since he was a pup, and he was shown in a few Jack shows. He has since been cut, so she could no longer show him since the Jack Russel Society "does not recognize a cut male as a Jack any longer". They were having financial issues and needed to find homes for all their dogs. I took him home and intended on making him into a truck dog. Over the next year, I came to fully believe that Donnie had been massively abused. By both a man and child. He did great in my truck riding with me at work. Though he was a sissy... LOL. I was parked on a small one lane dirt road in a trailer park at a telephone pole, I was up the pole and a truck pulls up to my van... guy gets out and I holler down to him that I will be down in a minute to move my truck, he yells up to me that he will move it for me.... (Damn)... and goes to open the door, and Donnie starts barking... and the guy opens the door... Donnie jumps out and takes off into a field.... LOL... big bad guard dog...

Ended up, because of the tone of my voice and certain other noises, he would release his bladder all the time in the house, so i had to make him an outside dog... I bring him in at night and he sleeps in the garage... But I could not have him peeing all over the place for no real reason.... I have worked on him over the years and he is much better, but he still does not trust me completely and every now and then he will still pee when I say something in a certain tone.... I have had him to a trainer and the trainer asked me, after seeing him for 5 minutes, if I beat him.... I told him how I got him and asked if there was anything he could do to help Donnie, he said no, the dog was too far gone. It would take years and alot of money to make any real progress.

We have come to believe that Donnie was probably a puppy mill stud, and was either rescued or we got him from the Mill people.... Weirdest thing about him... he has a deep scar/depression/hole in the middle of his tongue. Ho clue if it was burnt, or whatever....

Here is a pic of him....

wolv2__Medium_.jpg

post-5-1204419760_thumb.jpg

Edited by Johanna

Oh boy,I get to post my dog pics....This is Lilly our red tick coon hound.....the smartest dog we ever had....Here is one more....Lilly at her best.....she loves kids....all of our grandkids learned to walk by pulling themselves up using her ears.....she never moved or complained in any way. Dave

Lilly.jpg

david1__Medium_.jpg

david2__Medium_.jpg

post-5652-1199923954_thumb.jpg

post-5-1204419902_thumb.jpg

post-5-1204419919_thumb.jpg

Edited by Johanna

Beautiful dogs, gotta love um. I'll venture to say that donnie was abused at some point, and it does take along time to work with them, but then again my jack pees on everything, he's saying I own this and this and this and......LOL My guess is maybe donnie got a fish hook with some bait on it, my parents had a daschund that happened to had to cut the hook it to get it out be4 she tore her tongue real bad. Glad to see so many animal lovers around here.

Nice puppies - all of them. But none of them are Taylor the Wonder Dog. We got her between Christmas and New Years at Y2K time as an unknown age young adult. A friend had brought her home from a roping clinic to which she had been brought with the statement "If anyone wants her, they can take her, otherwise I will take her home and shoot her. She's useless!" They couldn't have been more wrong.

Mainly border collie, maybe with a bit of Australian shepherd mixed in. Not a stock dog, but perfect for her job of being a great pet. She won't go in any garden, even if you throw her rope in in accidentally. Stands on the side (toes right next to the dirt) and looks at you saying, "I'm not allowed in. You have to go get it." We can leave her alone in the shop with fresh rawhide and she won't touch it. I didn't like her going to the horse pasture, eating you-know-what and coming back breathing on me. So now she won't go into the pasture - even if the gate is open - unless she is invited. She is now about 9 at least, but looks and acts 3. I hope she stays that age for another 20 years or so. I don't know what I'd do without her.

P7130013.JPG Taylor_the_wonder_dog.JPG

We got some canaries this spring after our old, inside cat died. Here is Taylor checking out Mellow, Dee and Figaro.

Taylor_and_new_Figaro.JPG

post-1524-1199952884_thumb.jpg

post-1524-1199952949_thumb.jpg

post-1524-1199953065_thumb.jpg

hehe jacks are nuts! we're in the process of looking for a new dog....we had to put our 14 year old "labra-terrier" down last year which was tough (the wife had her since the dog was born....awesome dog....very good snuggler)...and we're just 2 dog people...we've got a chihuahua(proper spelling)-beagle or chihu-eagle (pronounched "cha-weegle") as we call her......unfortunately...we live in an apartment so we've got a 35lb limit...which means i can't get any of the dogs i'd want hehe...

Could we please see a snap of the Cha-weegle? My wife is intrigued by the thought!

here's a couple of the old dog that we had to put down

P6050185.JPG

P1230433.JPG

P1230436.JPG

here's the chaweegles (she takes horrible pictures)

P6240605.JPG

wedders.jpg

and....the cat (notice the hitler like moustache? i don't think that's accidental)

P6080190.JPG

P6240610.JPG

post-78-1199972836_thumb.jpg

post-78-1199972863_thumb.jpg

post-78-1199972968_thumb.jpg

post-78-1199973025_thumb.jpg

post-78-1199973071_thumb.jpg

post-78-1199973145_thumb.jpg

post-78-1199973179_thumb.jpg

This was a very special dog, Sugar Bear,... she passed some years ago at the age of 14. Had her since she was two months old. Although she was too big to ride on my old Harley, she did like to "pretend" she was in the wind! We now have six farm dogs, all but one were strays or rescue cases. We love 'em all.

Tim

1Sugar.jpg

1Sugar2.jpg

post-3267-1199998746_thumb.jpg

post-3267-1200001082_thumb.jpg

Edited by TimberWolf

This was a very special dog, Sugar Bear,... she passed some years ago at the age of 14. Had her since she was two months old. Although she was too big to ride on my old Harley, she did like to "pretend" she was in the wind! We now have six farm dogs, all but one were strays or rescue cases. We love 'em all.

Tim

Welcome back.... And nice to see you on your bike... I mean nice dog on your bike.... LOL

ok the dog on the bike is awesome hahaha

there's a guy here in town that has this awesome "rat-rod" style hot rod (looks like he built it out of trash...no paint...just "creative rusting")....and he's got a little jack russle that rides around in the car with him wearing those "doggles" (doggie goggles).....he's also got an old indian with a side car and the dog rides in that too.....i love seeing them drive up to the kroger

Finally got her to slow down enough to get a pic. This is washoe the 4th of our rescued dogs.

P1120374.JPG

post-4868-1200194803_thumb.jpg

We also Have 2 dogs we rescued. What a joy to give an unfortunate dog who found the wrong parents a good life.

The first is Olivia (Livvy), liver and white English Springer Spaniel. She was 6 mths old when we found her. She had a mother who would lock her in a cage when her Dad was gone, sometimes as long as the entire day.

The Second is Lilly, Black and white English Springer Spaniel, She had 3 homes and was at a Four Footed Friend before finding us. She took a while for us to get comfortable but now she is quite the dog. She has long eye lashes and knows how to use them on my wife, she can even make herself cry.

What personalities they have.

002.jpg 003.jpg

johncl2__Medium_.jpg

post-5568-1200199498_thumb.jpg

post-5568-1200199610_thumb.jpg

post-5-1204419992_thumb.jpg

Edited by Johanna

I read all these post and me and my wife both were almost in tears. Our little Mittens is what they tell me now is called a Chi-Weenie. Part Chihauhau and part Miniature Daushaund (sp). We got her when she was about 6wks old. I could put her in my Tee-Shirt pocket. The people that had her, the husband was a certified low life mf ing SOB, no other way to put it. He was making his wife keep this puppy in the back of his old tore up pick-up. Now what's really messed up is that they would often leave on Thursday morning and not come back until Monday evening. We didn't even know that she was there or she would have been in the house with us a lot sooner, even if I had to beat his sorry ass. Anyway his wife came over one evening when he was gone and asked us if we wanted her, I said no that I didn't want a dog right then, but when she started telling us about having to leave her in that truck we told her we would give Mittens a try. About 1 minute after we took her in the house she had a good home for as long as we and she lives. I really believe in God and I also really believe that things often happen for a reason. I think God put her there for us and us there for her. Before March of 2000 if someone had told me that a dog would mean so much to me and my family I would have told them that they were stupid, now as broke as I usually stay and as little SS Disability as I draw I would not sell her for all the money in the great state of South Carolina. We love that little dog like she is our child. She has helped us all to be more appreciative of animals and each other. We all feel that we are better people for having Mittens, and we are looking for her a puppy now, so that when we have to be gone and can't take her with us she is not there by herself. Anyway enough misty eyed rambling from an old fart, so long until later and keep looking after the animals. Kindest Regards Billy P P.S. Mittens is equal opportunity about sharing her love, she likes cats too.

DSCF0447.JPG

DSCF0380.JPG

DSCF0529.JPG

post-97-1200275433_thumb.jpg

post-97-1200275684_thumb.jpg

post-97-1200275781_thumb.jpg

Edited by Billy P

that's not a dog billy....that's a furry sausage (....wait...that sounds really dirty ....)...hehe cute pup!

A man and his dog were walking along a road. The man was enjoying the scenery, when it suddenly occurred to him that he was dead. He remembered dying, and that the dog walking beside him had been dead for years. He wondered where the road was leading them. After a while, they came to a high, white stone wall along one side of the road.

It looked like fine marble. At the top of a long hill it was broken by a tall arch that glowed in the sunlight. When he was standing before it he saw a magnificent gate in the arch that looked like Mother of Pearl, and the street that led to the gate looked like pure gold. He and the dog walked toward the gate, and as he got closer, he saw a man at a desk to one side. When he was close enough, he called out, "Excuse me, where are we?"

"This is Heaven, sir," the man answered.

"Wow! Would you happen to have some water?" the man asked.

"Of course, sir. Come right in, and I'll have some ice water brought right up." The man gestured, and the gate began to open.

"Can my friend," gesturing toward his dog, "come in, too?" the traveller asked.

"I'm sorry, sir, but we don't accept pets."

The man thought a moment and then turned back toward the road and continued the way he had been going with his dog.

After another long walk, and at the top of another long hill, he came to a dirt road which led through a farm gate that looked as if it had never been closed. There was no fence. As he approached the gate, he saw a man inside, leaning against a tree and reading a book.

"Excuse me!" he called to the reader. "Do you have any water?"

"Yeah, sure, there's a pump over there". The man pointed to a place that couldn't be seen from outside the gate. "Come on in."

"How about my friend here?" the traveller gestured to the dog.

"There should be a bowl by the pump."

They went through the gate, and sure enough, there was an old fashioned hand pump with a bowl beside it. The traveller filled the bowl and took a long drink himself, then he gave some to the dog. When they were full, he and the dog walked back toward the man who was standing by the tree waiting for them.

"What do you call this place?" the traveller asked.

"This is Heaven," he answered.

"Well, that's confusing," the traveller said. "The man down the road said that was Heaven, too."

"Oh, you mean the place with the gold street and pearly gates? Nope. That's Hell."

"Doesn't it make you mad for them to use your name like that?"

"No. I can see how you might think so, but we're just happy that they screen out the folks who'll leave their best friends behind."

That is so precious.

Ken

A priest, a Pentecostal preacher, and a rabbi

A priest, a Pentecostal preacher, and a rabbi all served as chaplains to the students of Northern Michigan University in Marquette. They would get together two or three times a week for coffee and to talk shop.

One day, someone made the comment that preaching to people isn't really all that hard. A real challenge would be to preach to a bear.

One thing led to another, and they decided to do a seven-day experiment. They would all go out into the woods, find a bear, preach to it, and attempt to convert it.

Seven days later, they're all together to discuss the experience.

Father Flannery, who has his arm in a sling, is on crutches, and has various bandages, goes first.

"Well," he says, "I went into the woods to find me a bear. And when I found him, I began to read to him from the Catechism. Well, that bear wanted nothing to do with me and began to slap me around. So I quick grabbed my holy water, sprinkled him and he became as gentle as a lamb. The bishop is coming out next week to give him first communion and confirmation."

Reverend Billy Bob spoke next. He was in a wheelchair, with an arm and both legs in casts, and an IV drip. In his best fire and brimstone oratory he proclaimed, "I went out and I FOUND me a bear. And then I began to read to him from God's HOLY WORD! But that bear wanted nothing to do with me. So I took HOLD of him and we began to rassle. We rassled down one hill, UP another and DOWN another until we came to a creek. So I quick DUNKED him and BAPTIZED his hairy soul. And he became as gentle as a lamb. We spent the rest of the week in fellowship, feasting on God's Holy Word and praising Jesus."

They both looked down at the rabbi, who was lying in a hospital bed. He was in a body cast and in traction with IVs and monitors running in and out of him. He was in bad shape.

The rabbi looked up and says, "You fellows don't know vat trouble is until you try to circumcise a bear."