Sign in to follow this  
Tom Katzke

Provocative title

OK now that you are curious. Our fair has a theme this year of pigs and roses. I am thinking of doing an embossed wall hanging of a pig smelling some roses. The roses are easy even though I think roses are about the hardest thing to do. I am not well enough along in my drawing ability to do the pig. So what I need is a profile of a pig that looks like it is sniffing anything. A dead on profile would not be as interesting as one looking just a bit ahead. Thanks to anyone that can come up with one. Tom Katzke Central Oregon

http://www.cincinnati.com/bigpiggig/images/pig093000.jpg

one of the cincinnati pigs

hmm was looking for more but that's the best profile i can find...

(little internet hint for you guys when looking for ideas...if you go to any of the major search engines...like google or altavista...there is an option to do an image search...you choose that option then type what you want pictures of and press search...you'll get pages and pages of thumnailed pictures to choose from...instead of a list of websites)

I used ask.com when I was looking to identify certain flowers at our new home. I would type in, for example "what does beardtongue look like?" and it would give images of the plant.

Well I found one searching the net for images. I will use it as inspiration not copy exactly. I will take pictures and post a set with progress from start to finish. Not exactly a sniffing pig but he will look cute with a rose in his mouth. Not as good as with an apple and spinning on a slow fire, but that is a different use for the little guy. http://www.lindapicken.com/country/pages/B...20Fence_jpg.htm

Tom Katzke

Cemtral Oregon

OK now that you are curious. Our fair has a theme this year of pigs and roses. I am thinking of doing an embossed wall hanging of a pig smelling some roses. The roses are easy even though I think roses are about the hardest thing to do. I am not well enough along in my drawing ability to do the pig. So what I need is a profile of a pig that looks like it is sniffing anything. A dead on profile would not be as interesting as one looking just a bit ahead. Thanks to anyone that can come up with one. Tom Katzke Central Oregon

Tom,

This may not quite hit the mark, but it's what I found using Google Images. Nice write up on you in the latest Rawhide Gazette.

/Butch Edison

Thanks I never found that one. I did find one that I was going to use. Ran into some trouble so did not get it done in time for the fair. I ended up putting a horse on a hip flask last minute. Nothing like last minute changes and finishing a project the hour it needs to be delivered.

Thanks also for the comment on the PSLAC write up. A correction is on the way. The fish and the braiding box were both made by my wife Sheryl. Now I can explain the trouble I ran into on my fair project. No suitable leather to cover it with. A problem when more then one person is using up the stock. I will still post pictures when it is done.

Tom Katzke

Central Oregon