pearlheartgtr

Waterproof Liner For Saddlebags

I'm toying with the idea of making saddlebags for dogs. I want to put a waterproof liner inside of them in case something spills inside the bag. Like, let's say you want the dog to haul some beverages for you. Cold bottles and cans sweat and I don't want that to ruin the leather.

Any ideas on a cost effective liner? I was thinking Gore-Tex but that can get pricey.

Thanks!

Goretex and other "breathable" membranes only work under limited environmental conditions. PU nylon is cheaper, lighter and more easily worked.

You could make your own liner with styrofoam.

When I rode, we used the saddle bags as adult beverage containers. All we did was to put a large ziploc bag in side the saddlebag, put the beverages and ice inside the ziploc. It worked, not exactly pretty, but it did work.

I am interested in what you decide to use. But if you line the bags, don't forget a drain.

Chris

Edited by Chris B

When I rode, we used the saddle bags as adult beverage containers. All we did was to put a large ziploc bag in side the saddlebag, put the beverages and ice inside the ziploc. It worked, not exactly pretty, but it did work.

I am interested in what you decide to use. But if you line the bags, don't forget a drain.

Chris

I know you would and I would put everything in ziplocks but there are a lot of morons out there that wouldn't. Common sense eludes some people like the Loch Ness Monster. That's why I'm pondering a lining. Or I could just make them large enough (for the bigger dogs) to hold a soft sided cooler.