bluesdocbob

Midas/kelly Tools Stamp Catalogue

I'm looking for a copy or or pdf scans of the tools made by Midas / Kelly Tools New Zealand as I'm

trying collect them for my future use I was luck enough to snag 20 tools just recently a mix of them

either marked Midas or Kelly even one marked Leathercraft Tools NZ #196 which chrome not gold

anodized I must get to somewhere with a sonic cleaner or similar to bring them back to a nice clean

a more usable state as they are a bit on the dirty side from storage and lack of use.

Cheers Bob :thumbsup:

Bob, try a denture cleaner like polydent, efferdent or what ever is available where you are. It works well to remove alot of stuff from the tools with out harming or removing metal. Do a search on these forums, I am pretty sure that there are several threads regarding various stamps including Kelly/Midas that may have a picture of some of the stamps made by Midas/Kelly.

Here is a link that will give you some information http://www.kellymidasclassics.co.nz/about_noel_kelly.php The article also has a link to Noel Kelly's website, if you contact him he may be able to provide a chart or information regarding the different Kelly/Midas stamps.

Edited by camano ridge

Thank you Camano I'll give that a go and I have checked out the Kelly site but it only shows

their new range of geometric shapes and I'll continue my search through forums. I'm started

getting back into this great craft and the search for tools and patterns and I've got some

leather coming so my fun and cottage industry begins.

Cheers Bob