ChimeraKennels

I No Expert, But...thanks For The Help Guys.

I got my Pfaff 145 machine for nylon collars, leashes, and other K9 equipment, but I have made a few holsters. I am no expert, and you can see some scuffing on the leather due to not having the right walking foot on the machine, but overall...I'm happy. This is on my Ruger sp101 revolver.

2nd one... (first is now reassigned/designated for the 22lr, but this one is now for the 357 Mag). I think I did a little better this time.

Ruger%20sp101%20357%20in%20homemade%20holster%201.jpg

Ruger%20sp101%20357%20in%20homemade%20holster%201%20backside.jpg

Ruger%20sp101%20357%20in%20homemade%20holster%202.jpg

Thank you WIZ...for all your help. Also, I need to say thanks to Bob (maybe Bill...I apologize but I forgot) I believe it was at a sewing machine shop for helping me out as well.

I am not an expert on machines so I don't know how the differences between the 145 H3, 145 H4, 545 H3, and 545 H4 in terms of bobbin volume between these variants. I know mine has the high lift, but I am pretty sure I have the smaller bobbin. I know mine is the 145 H4 6/1C LMNP. I don't know what these letters and numbers mean. Does anyone here know? I keep extra bobbins loaded so it isn't too much of an issue. The only modification I want to make to mine is to get a speed reducer. If I was to floor the peddle, it would be impossible for me to keep up with. Adding a speed reducer will give me more control, and also increase the torque...which will also be good. It will do about 90% of the stuff I want done. To do the remaining 10%, I go to hand stitching. If I had a bigger machine, I could then do the heavy stuff with a machine, but couldn't do the lighter stuff unless I kept this machine. I don't have the room or money for two quality machines.

When I got my machine was in great shape. It was owned by an older retired gentleman that did upholstery work that was deaf and worked at home. He kept his machine inside and well cared for...but the table was in a patio and was in poor condition. I ordered a new table top, cleaned up the metal leg frame and repainted it, and then added some leather on the foot pad and knee lift to make the non-mechanical parts like new, as my machine was still in great shape. Here it is after reconditioning it. I enjoy using it for holsters, leashes, collars, etc (I train guard dogs).

Pfaff145.jpg

Pfaff145pic2.jpg

Here are a few collars and leashes I make...

HeavyNylonHandleCollarpic5.jpg

backtie.jpg

HeavyLeashpic2.jpg

HeavyNylonCollar.jpg

Hello,

the H4 is the heaviest version of the old Pfaff machines, it uses a longer needle and have more foot tension ( and more) than the H3 and H2.

The Pfaff 545 is later model and the same machine as your 145, they have interchangeable parts. You can buy feet's and attachment to very good prices at http://www.kwokhing.com/pfaff/ Your machine uses the same foot as the 335,345 and 1245. Prices from 9 to 15 $ a set, you pay with Paypal. Order a drop down sewing guide when you at it ( suspending guide, see guide at the top of this site http://www.kwokhing.com/pfaff/). If you look at my topic http://leatherworker.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=40567&hl=dropdown about installing a guide on the Adler 267 and Pfaff 345. The installation will be the same on your machine as on my Pfaff 345. (same bracket, the guides have all the same mounting holes). That looks like a big strong dog, what breed is it?

Good luck

Tor

Trox, thanks for your tips. I will be sure to check the links you provided. When you say "they have interchangable parts," do you know if I can modify my machine to use the larger bobbin carrier and hook that was seen on the 545?

The dog in an "American Sentinel Canine."

Trox, thanks for your tips. I will be sure to check the links you provided. When you say "they have interchangable parts," do you know if I can modify my machine to use the larger bobbin carrier and hook that was seen on the 545?

The dog in an "American Sentinel Canine."

That might be possible but then you should find some aftermarket or used parts, because Pfaff spare parts prices are killers. A needle plate for my 345 was priced to 1000,- US $ at Pfaff. You can buy several used old machines for the price of those parts.

Tor