Sign in to follow this  
Tangent Creations

Mountain Man Long Rifle case

Hey all. I usually specialize in medieval LARP and renfaire stuff. But I jumped on a commission for a Mountain Man Long Rifle case. It was my first ever and was a blast to make. The details: 72 inch long case (including open flap) single piece of Elk hide, suede out. Cow suede fringe in taupe and matching taupe cow suede end cap. Entirely hand sewn with imitation sinew. Then a scene with elk and mountains freehanded along with the name Pennsylvania Long Rifle which is stenciled in ink. The case tapers from 7 inches at the opening to 3.5 inches at the barrel end. I made the paper pattern from scratch too.

Unfortunately, I didn't get pictures of the complete finished project. But I do have various progress pics.

P7262890.JPG

P7262889.JPG

P7252859.JPG

Long_rifle_elk_art.jpg

post-2963-1186106459_thumb.jpg

post-2963-1186106493_thumb.jpg

post-2963-1186106525_thumb.jpg

post-2963-1186106634_thumb.jpg

Hey all. I usually specialize in medieval LARP and renfaire stuff. But I jumped on a commission for a Mountain Man Long Rifle case. It was my first ever and was a blast to make. The details: 72 inch long case (including open flap) single piece of Elk hide, suede out. Cow suede fringe in taupe and matching taupe cow suede end cap. Entirely hand sewn with imitation sinew. Then a scene with elk and mountains freehanded along with the name Pennsylvania Long Rifle which is stenciled in ink. The case tapers from 7 inches at the opening to 3.5 inches at the barrel end. I made the paper pattern from scratch too.

Unfortunately, I didn't get pictures of the complete finished project. But I do have various progress pics.

Very nice. I made something similar for my half stock Hawken. The elk with the mountain scene is stunning. Well done TC.