rdb

Open Thread

UPDATE: Since the Sunday Open Thread seems to be continuing beyond it's limited life, I've just renamed it to "OPEN THREAD". If it gets too bulky, We'll start another new one. If that continues, we'll do some merges. Have Fun.

dunno, to me it seems the Topic threads are starting to spread out from the original intents. Everyone is looking to chat about all sorts of things, maybe it's time for a good old "anything goes thread".

Got something new...post it. Want to discuss the price of Bacon in Tasmania...go right ahead. Found an old sewing machine nobody's ever heard of..please let us know.

For me, today, I have to hang curtain rods, take down the targets I have left up on the yard since last weekends "Get Rid of Old Ammo Day", and make a trash run. After the "Honey Do" list, I'm cleaning the shop. It'll probably be a "second shift" day in the shop afterwards to try and catch up. How 'bout You.

Edited by rdb

Gonna go get a couple ground blinds set up for deer hunting, and then go and sight in the scope on the muzzle loader my husband gave my for my birthday. Then, tonight I might work a little bit on a leather project I have going. A nice day ahead to be sure.

Muzzle loaders sure have come a long way...a scope!!!? Dan'l Boone would be hornswaggled.

Today is catch up day for me. First, catch up on sleep, then catch up on LW, then catch up housework/cleaning. Sometime after I get done with procrastinating, I fully intend to catch up school work. Then maybe, just maybe, I'll remake the IWB holster for my Colt.....nah, I like the ugly one I use now.:)

Woke up to this today. And so it begins.

P1010029.JPG

P1010030.JPG

post-4868-1223821252_thumb.jpg

post-4868-1223821284_thumb.jpg

Today is already half over for me but after breakfast I enjoyed a walk up to the town square to see the book and craft market and pick up a dozen yew wood pegs that I use as bag fasteners. A lovely old guy turns them on a lathe out of wood he picks up in Mortimer Forest. I like the idea of using local materials whenever I can.

Just planted up some bulbs in the garden ready for the spring and spent a few minutes of pleasurable pontification elsewhere on the forum. I have a bag and a belt to complete then next stop the pub; but home in time for a new weekly TV program about all the US states - effectively a guy travelling through each state commentating on what he finds. It should be fascinating!

'Get rid of old ammo' day sounds like fun... :specool:

We don't tend to do that sort of thing over here! <grin!>

'Get rid of old ammo' day sounds like fun... :specool:

We don't tend to do that sort of thing over here! <grin!>

So....it's more of a hide and hoard what you've got, and hope nobody ever finds out about it?

Oh No!!! Jordan it's too soon...brrrr, but it looks wonderful, just glad to be in NC, though, shoveling sux. I do miss tramping through the woods in a light flurry though.

I love the sound of corn flakes when eating it!!!

Ok back to leather topics for me. Had a bit of a slacker weekend so slipping into my best pair of leatherworking moccasins today, I have all week free to do what I want!

Tom

Jordan, You're not alone. Here's what we woke up to and it's still coming down.

oct_snow_002__Large_.jpgoct_snow_006__Large_.jpg

post-12-1223831412_thumb.jpg

post-12-1223831436_thumb.jpg

Just some pix of my backyard to warm ClayB and Jordan up. High 70's today (hmmm that seems to go together).

Trash - done

curtain rods - done

sunday family calls -done

floors washed -done

target down - not yet, I might still need it...lol

clean shop...dunno, maybe a nap first.

leather related - there may be quite a few guitar straps in the near future, but at a steep price to me. I may have to finally learn how to line dance, so I can network with the potential customers at the Country Western club... sheesh, and me with six left feet, and a Yankee accent. The things I get myself into.

leather_016.jpg

leather_017.jpg

post-5140-1223834024_thumb.jpg

post-5140-1223834037_thumb.jpg

forecast.jpg

:thumbsup::P

post-5374-1223835173_thumb.jpg

Edited by TwinOaks

Lets see what all was it the wife said I had to do... :-P

Oh yeah:

Mow the lawn and spread lime.

Make a trip to storage with somethings and pick up Halloween decorations.

Laundry, we all do our own at my house.

Then I have to go to my mom's to fix her bathroom faucet.

After all that is done if I have time and energy then I can work on my wife's purse and restitching an old bag and maybe finish the belt bag I started...

Hmm.. This goes against my raising of Sunday being a day of rest.....

It was cold and rainy when I woke up this morning, but the sun is out now!

Have a great Sunday everyone!!

Diff. here Jordan. it was 25c, summer is coming. There was a small scrub fire about a mile from here when I went to bed and when I couldn't sleep due to back prob. I got up at 3.45 and it is quite large now. I'm just glad the wind is blowing it away from us.

Tony.

tonyc1...that is SOOOOO funny, speaking of the price of bacon in Tasmania....You have to love this forum. So many people from so many places, all just for the smell of leather. It sure is a wonderful place.

I may have to finally learn how to line dance, so I can network with the potential customers at the Country Western club... sheesh, and me with six left feet, and a Yankee accent. The things I get myself into.

There's a special magic potion available for this. It removes inhibitions, and grants confidence. Recipe: Mix 1 part whiskey with 1 part whiskey, and carefully stir into 1 part whiskey......

There's a special magic potion available for this. It removes inhibitions, and grants confidence. Recipe: Mix 1 part whiskey with 1 part whiskey, and carefully stir into 1 part whiskey......

I'll just have mine neat. Three parts Jameson's

I'll just have mine neat. Three parts Jameson's

If you take either one of these concoctions you can do anything you wish!!!

So....it's more of a hide and hoard what you've got, and hope nobody ever finds out about it?

I do believe that if you are caught 'hidin' and hoardin' they lock you up and throw away the key...

weekends for me are always filled with caring for my bedridden father, and whenever i have some free time i'm reading the posts here trying to learn all i can.

oh, Jordan and Clay...i love seeing snow...as long as its in someone else's pictures. :lol: i was able to take a walk in shorts today.

twin oaks...roll tide!

ken

Well, we're going out to a friend's for Thanksgiving dinner. No, we are not celebrating early. It's Canada and this IS Thanksgiving.

By the way, it is 60 degrees F, (15 Celcius), sunny and beautiful in northern Alberta. No snow, and only had a few frost so far. What's with the snow down south?

Happy Thanksgiving Denise!!

Stay away from the poutine!

Hate to say it, but the global warming has the whole earth's engine in a funk. Pretty soon we'll all be moving to Canada for temperate weather.

I lived in the deep south for eleven years, and I don't care how you fix them, grits are gross. Every southerner will tell you their "sweet tea" is the best, too, but plain water tastes better than iced tea. My dad is from PA and my mom is from Ohio, and when I was little I lived in "New Hanpshuh" so maybe I'm just an ignorant Yankee like they said.

"Grits" in this part of Ohio is pork headmeat and pinoats. You bake it or fry it and cover it with pepper. Delicious!

Johanna

About 8" here in Miles City and 22" in Billings, MT 40" in Red Lodge, MT makes you wonder!!!! I'm guessing we can't complain about it being dry anymore.