Wishful

Latest Project - Consew Cylinder Arm

I recently picked this up from an auction to restore. I have worked on many Singers but this is my first Consew - although I am told they are largely the same - this one may be close to the singer 153. I cannot find the model number but it appears to be closest to the Consew 227 with out reverse. I finally was able to get the stripped screw out of the hook so I can remove debris and give it a good cleaning - yeah. It sews but is skipped a stitch. I am hoping someone can confirm the model number and maybe send a manual for this, I have downloaded the only consew 227 manual from the consew site which is for a 227r - however this one appears different.

In the upper cavity near the balance wheel, there are some markings (0, 0) that I assume is for timing but the manual would sure help.

And the safety clutch looks a bit weird....

Anybody have any leads on verifying the model number?

Thanks.

CAM00754 (Medium)

CAM00769 (Medium)

CAM00752 (Medium)

CAM00765 (Medium)

CAM00759 (Medium)

CAM00750 (Medium)

CAM00770 (Medium)

Fairly early version. These are Seiko built machines and they are essentially the 153W that Seiko built for Singer.

If you look at the parts list you will find that they are pretty much all Singer part numbers.