rdb

Could be cool in leather

Someone came up with a good idea here. Holster -like, concealed, carries everything...I don't know if it will ever take off, but at least they are trying:

http://www.eholster.com/egashho.html

Anyone want to try it in leather?

Someone came up with a good idea here. Holster -like, concealed, carries everything...I don't know if it will ever take off, but at least they are trying:

http://www.eholster.com/egashho.html

Anyone want to try it in leather?

This is a clever idea and looks like a nice design - and we all carry far too much stuff in our pockets but sadly, I don't think this has a future in the UK, RDB. With our firearms laws being the way they are, IMHO, wearing that thing would be like asking for a police bullet in the ear, especially in London. I'd be interested to know what CelticLeather thinks about this...

Edited by UKRay

Why would you be shot in the ear? :head_hurts_kr:

I'm very glad I don't live there. :rip_1:

I have thought about doing something like this a few times myself, for more of a hunting vest type thing going.

but I have always stuck to my belt or thigh pockets on my combats...Doubt I will get around to it anytime soon though.

This has been around a while...I think it's called a man purse. :head_hurts_kr:

I sell men's bags (English made, but not by me!) in the shop, and they are surprisingly popular, but I wouldn't dare to sell anything that resembled a concealed holster! Just imagine trying to get through security at an airport wearing one of these . . . we already have to strip almost to our underwear!

Back in the 70s I bought a number of replica guns to use as dummies for holsters that I made for Western enthusiasts, and I would hang a holster, with gun inside, on my stall at craft fairs. They were a talking point, and kids (and parents) loved to handle them and wear the holsters. However, in 1996 a massacre of schoolchildren occurred in Scotland (http://century.guardian.co.uk/1990-1999/St...,112749,00.html). The government's typical knee-jerk reaction to this was to ban virtually any type of gun from public view, and restrictions on ownership which have resulted in our Olympic shooting teams having to leave the country to practice their sport!

Over the years the laws and paranoia have escalated to the point where it is now possible to be shot for carrying a concealed table-leg (http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2005/jun/03/ukcrime.ukguns)! I still have the replica guns and one of the holsters, but I daren't show them to anyone for fear of being jumped on by armed police.

The government are somewhat embarrassed that the restrictions have not had the desired effect. Gun crime is actually increasing, and guns (albeit illegal guns) are easier to obtain now than at any time in the past!

Ho hum . . . here endeth the rant!

A pic of one of the men's bags and one of my illicit holsters!

Pict0013ahi.jpg

bag.jpg

post-7199-1227092907_thumb.jpg

post-7199-1227093120_thumb.jpg

Edited by celticleather

I sell men's bags (English made, but not by me!) in the shop, and they are surprisingly popular, but I wouldn't dare to sell anything that resembled a concealed holster! Just imagine trying to get through security at an airport wearing one of these . . . we already have to strip almost to our underwear!

Back in the 70s I bought a number of replica guns to use as dummies for holsters that I made for Western enthusiasts, and I would hang a holster, with gun inside, on my stall at craft fairs. They were a talking point, and kids (and parents) loved to handle them and wear the holsters. However, in 1996 a massacre of schoolchildren occurred in Scotland (http://century.guardian.co.uk/1990-1999/St...,112749,00.html). The government's typical knee-jerk reaction to this was to ban virtually any type of gun from public view, and restrictions on ownership which have resulted in our Olympic shooting teams having to leave the country to practice their sport!

Over the years the laws and paranoia have escalated to the point where it is now possible to be shot for carrying a concealed table-leg (http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2005/jun/03/ukcrime.ukguns)! I still have the replica guns and one of the holsters, but I daren't show them to anyone for fear of being jumped on by armed police.

The government are somewhat embarrassed that the restrictions have not had the desired effect. Gun crime is actually increasing, and guns (albeit illegal guns) are easier to obtain now than at any time in the past!

Ho hum . . . here endeth the rant!

A pic of one of the men's bags and one of my illicit holsters!

Same thing happening here in the US. Its allways the same, more strict gun laws or bans means that the legal person is unarmed and the criminal who wasnt legal to begin with is still gonna find a gun. Thats allright big brother knows whats best right......

and nice looking stuff by the way. Is that bag a drummers bag or some kind of office bag, cant tell if those are pens or drum sticks lol.

Edited by MADMAX22

They're pens . . . the bag's about 8 inches tall!

I am sometimes amazed at the direction of Topic Threads! A simple and practical way to carry things becomes a Nanny State/Homeland security issue. "We have nothing to Fear, except Fear itself".

Celticleather, that's a wonderful little bag. I wish I had the patience to try something like these two bags, hopefully I'll develop some. When I was a "suit", this holster bag would have been perfect to carry all the computer repair gear I had to carry, and not look like the nerd I was....lol. Fanny packs have gone the same way as a golfer's plaid twofers..lol. The "man" purse is a tough market to crack. Men disguise their "purses" as napsacks, backbacks, satchels, whatever...

I am sometimes amazed at the direction of Topic Threads! A simple and practical way to carry things becomes a Nanny State/Homeland security issue. "We have nothing to Fear, except Fear itself".

LOL . . . I think Ray has an uncanny knack for rattling my cage! :devil:

They're pens . . . the bag's about 8 inches tall!

WOW thats really cool. Thanks for posting it.

I carry a "man purse" every day and have men and women ask me where I got it. Because of a spine problem I cannot carry a billfold in my back pocket and the "man purse" is much more secure. I never get any negative comments about carrying it. But then I am 6"6" and 300 pounds. :evillaugh:

I am interested in other Man purses!

LOL

As a person (my wife calls paranoid) who likes to be prepared, I find my EDC (every day carry) items range from alot to excessive. It varies from day to day but usually consists of atleast a couple pocket knives, cell phone, flashlight, multi-tool, Glock 27 w/extra mag, compass and a flame producing device. I do not like to carry a fanny pack and I am not always willing to pack a backpack especially when shopping as it always makes me feel as if I am watched more. (ok maybe a bit of paranoia)

So a cool carry bag or man purse would fit the bill.

Anyone care to share other photos?

Allen

I had a friend years ago, he was a master welder with the boiler makers union. He carried a "man purse", but it wasnt a conventional man purse.... it was an army green canvas ammo bag. Not sure if it was from the US army, or over seas, but it had loops on the outside for shotgun shells and two or three zippered pockets to hold all his other stuff. As a guy, you automatically saw it as a man purse, but because it was apparent it was an ammo bag, no one would ever say anything to him about it.