Jon P

Anyone Using This Tool Box?

yes I have one. I use it to store my boxes of lettering sets and a few laser parts. It's been moved around the country a few times, so it's been banged and scratched

but its' still in one piece. cheers!

http://www.harborfreight.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/370x/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/i/m/image_11844.jpg

Just curious if anyone is using this box. Looking for an upgrade; need more storage...

I have it, not bad for the price, used a $20 coupon on it. Not much space in it, and it is not built even a little bit as well as a Gerstner. I tend toward the Craftsman and higher dollar Harbor Freight Roller Cabinets. I was so disappointed by my last Craftsman that I won't recommend any but their most expensive, their quality has just taken a nose-dive in the last 5 years. The 72 inch Harbor Freight Cabinets are the best IMHO and the 56 next. The 72 inch is a bit unwieldy in anything but a large shop. I don't put tool boxes on top, I use them as workbenches.

Art

They're ok for what they are and how much they cost. They're crummy knockoffs of the old Gerstner oak machinist tool chests. Nothing fancy, just blonde stained Asian "hardwood". Grizzly made a very nice Gerstner clone.

If you want something thats a solid and affordable upgrade, check around and you might be able to find a good deal on a vintage Kennedy machinist tool box. They come in a variety of sizes and the drawer heights and depths are very useful for small leatherworking tools and hardware.

it all depends on how much stuff you have. If you don't need a lot of space and want to be portable the HF will do the job. I needed some nice storage but outgrew the HF, got the biggest Gerstner with the base cabinet in a smoking deal in an antique store and outgrew that setup too.