Sign in to follow this  
Jordan

Very 1st foray into leather

About a year and a half ago I rebuilt this bike (lotsa pics on myspace) I needed to recover the passenger seat which was a steel frame and spring suspension. I ended up refoaming and covering it with black kidskin. Also didn't have a fender that went low enough on the backside of the front wheel so I made a mud flap. Didn't turn out to bad and started me on the leatherworking adventure. Since sold and looking for another.

Beemer15.jpg

Picture_005.jpg

Beemer10.jpg

post-4868-1200273288_thumb.jpg

post-4868-1200273381_thumb.jpg

post-4868-1200273427_thumb.jpg

Nice work there Jordan, and it was a nice bike too. The saddle seat looks a bit uncomfortable though, how was it to ride?

Ken

Nice work, The flap, the seat and the bike. Those things are supposed to be bullet proof. Bikes pretty much are the reason I started with leather working too.

John

Jordan,

Very Cool! What year Beemer?

Randy

1967 R69S and it, as most beemers rode like a caddy, Smoooth....even off road hardly feel the bumps, seat actually is heavy rubber suspended on a steel rod frame, setup like a lever with a single spring underneath, very comfortable and flexes with you, I miscalcutated the time frame it was bout 2&1/2-3 years ago, rode it two summers then sold it. Still have best of show award from beemer club hanging on my wall. Wish I still had it.

Jordan, are you looking for another beemer? I like those old beemers with the boxer motors.

My Father-in-law has about 6 in various stages of restoration, all are airheads from the 50's to the 60's. I hope to get another R69S probably the 68 setup for touring that he has. But I have to wait while my financial situation makes a market correction. LOL

My Father-in-law has about 6 in various stages of restoration, all are airheads from the 50's to the 60's. I hope to get another R69S probably the 68 setup for touring that he has. But I have to wait while my financial situation makes a market correction. LOL

You too,eh?

Yup, the only things they can't take away are my pkup, sewing machine and the hot tub! Supposedly they can't turn off the electic if you're diabetic we shall see.LOL As the saying goes, this too shall pass. I have always figured God only gives you as much as you can handle, somedays I think he has me mixed up with Superman.hehehe...Jordan

Picture_028.JPG

post-4868-1200764438_thumb.jpg