Diyer

Adler 105/64 Parts List

Has anyone out there got a copy of the Adler 105/64 parts list?

Also any useful hints and tips on this machine would be welcome, as I have only recently acquired it. I will be doing mainly strap leather and Western saddlery stitching on it.

I also need to source some different presser feet- I seem to remember that there is a possibility that some of the Chinese copies might suit, as the genuine Adler ones are very expensive. My machine is not walking foot.:helpsmilie:

Also any useful hints and tips on this machine would be welcome, as I have only recently acquired it. I will be doing mainly strap leather and Western saddlery stitching on it.

I also need to source some different presser feet- I seem to remember that there is a possibility that some of the Chinese copies might suit, as the genuine Adler ones are very expensive. My machine is not walking foot.helpsmilie.gif

I have the identical machine at home......been looking for different feet too......Neels saddlery has offered me some feet and other add ons he says fits!

Also try Bob Kovlar from Toledo, but not sure what he has.....to the machine in general, it is a beauty, built like a tank, does not like to cross uneven layers.....(not a walking foot ) but takes it all with no problem....been doing fine handbags and then a 1/4 inch belt....no addjustment needed.....I got me a servo motor from Bob....u gonna love that.....I can do one stitch every 5 minutes...haha....absolutly controlable...needles are fairly cheap and available (328 sys).....makes a beautiful stitch every time, I use a lot 207 thread, top and bottom>> 200 needle.....it will leave light marks on veg tan leather...with narrow foot......very consistent stitches...and very forgiving! Mine has a monster hand/belt wheel on it!!!!

Keep it oiled, but don't over do it, build you a movable little flat table on top of the cylinder arm, get u a roller foot ($45,-) and then sew the heck out of your leather!!! Great for bags, cylinders and belts and straps, motorcycle gear......NOT a heavy stitcher but gud enough for me...(5/8" max)

I have cpy of manual and maybe parts list....also service manual....if you need anything....give me a shout.

James

James,

Thanks for the info. I have a roller guide, but not a roller foot. Where do you get the roller foot from?

I would very much like a copy of the service manual and handbook if it is not too much trouble. I have a feeling the parts list is in the back of one of them.

I need a parts list because College sewing machines in the UK only list Adler parts by their part number.

Is there a reason you have not yet tried any of the feet from Neels?

Oriana

James,

Thanks for the info. I have a roller guide, but not a roller foot. Where do you get the roller foot from?

I would very much like a copy of the service manual and handbook if it is not too much trouble. I have a feeling the parts list is in the back of one of them.

I need a parts list because College sewing machines in the UK only list Adler parts by their part number.

Is there a reason you have not yet tried any of the feet from Neels?

Oriana

Hello back....

Just did not have the time and financial means to get a roller foot, also have a roller guide.....they are easy to make ur self!

Neels has all you need for this machine, give him a shout....did not realize u are in the gud 'ol UK...I am original from Germany, got hung here since abt 1993...OK on the manuals and I will make you a nice clean cpy and will send it over the big pond if you give me your shipping address.....so If I can help u any more let me know!

Oh...and if you send Schmetz a letter or e-mail and ask kind'a naïve what needle would work...they send u a nice info packet back with at least one or two packs of 328's needles,,,haha, don't tell anybody I said that,,,hihi...

Be gud and have fun!!

James

Diyer,

I have this book, and just scanned and uploaded to my website, hope this helps;

Adler 105-64 parts

Diyer,

I have this book, and just scanned and uploaded to my website, hope this helps;

Adler 105-64 parts

Great! Just what I need. Thanks

Oriana

Hello back....

Just did not have the time and financial means to get a roller foot, also have a roller guide.....they are easy to make ur self!

Neels has all you need for this machine, give him a shout....did not realize u are in the gud 'ol UK...I am original from Germany, got hung here since abt 1993...OK on the manuals and I will make you a nice clean cpy and will send it over the big pond if you give me your shipping address.....so If I can help u any more let me know!

Oh...and if you send Schmetz a letter or e-mail and ask kind'a naïve what needle would work...they send u a nice info packet back with at least one or two packs of 328's needles,,,haha, don't tell anybody I said that,,,hihi...

Be gud and have fun!!

James

James,

Maybe I should explain- I used to live in England, but moved to Portugal in 2007.I still return to the UK on a regular basis to see friends and family. My Portuguese is still not good enough to get all my supplies here- plus a lot of things you cannot get, or are more expensive. I now buy items from other countries- eg silver buckles from the USA, car parts from Germany, all sorts from Ebay. The Internet is a wonderful tool! I shall try your hint about the needles. I am sending you an email with my address on,

Oriana

I also need to source some different presser feet- I seem to remember that there is a possibility that some of the Chinese copies might suit, as the genuine Adler ones are very expensive. My machine is not walking foot.:helpsmilie:

I was also searching for old parts books for Adler machines and just noticed that Dürkopp Adler has started to publish them for free in a corporate blog.

I have found there parts books for Adler class 30, class 104 and class 105 with all subclasses already and it seems they are going to publish more.