OLDNSLOW

Leather Backers For Hybrid Kydex Holsters

Some might find it sacrilegious to mix the both, however, for many like it or not it is the way of the future for a lot of people so I have been on the hunt for someone that might already have a clicker die made to cut the leather, or if you know someone who sells them and I have not found them yet. I will be doing both the hybrid mix along with full leather and gun belts. I am sure that there will be a much steeper learning curve with full leather as I am just beginning to get into the process. I will be vacuum forming both the leather and kydex holsters in the production process, but if you know of anyone who can or already makes leather backers please let me know.

Thanks

O n S

Thanks, I have looked at their website I must have missed those, thanks again for the link.

O n S

You'll likely want some variation in that I don't have a 'problem' with kydex, but that one-size-fits-all thing just doesn't work anywhere. No need to have a different one for every model of firearm, but one or two does NOT work for all.

Do a search on Ebay and you'll see what I mean. Or perhaps someone will chime in from there and show you (there are MANY ebay users here).

Oh, and my only issue is I personally hate those cheap metal clips ....

I am not very happy with them either I made a hybrid for myself and ended up going that route, but I know I could have gone a different route after looking at some other posts. There are some injection molded being made now that offers a few more options, but would like to keep working on method to have leather straps incorporated and I have an idea just need to hold off till my sewing machine gets in or hand sew them due to thickness of the leather.